Boneless Pork Top Loin Roast

BradyB

TVWBB Member
Hello there,

So I am planning on smoking a boneless pork top loin roast for xmas. It is about 6.43 lbs. I was going to start brining it tomorrow night and then put it on the smoker on xmas day for dinner along with an herb rub and then a citrus rosemary glaze towards the end.

From what I have read, I was going to smoke it at 225 - 250 until it reaches 145, pull it, wrap in foil and put in a cooler until serving.

145 is plenty, is that right? Anything over and the consensus seems to be that it starts to dry out.

My main question is about how long should this take? Is there an approximate hrs/lb time frame for this cut of meat?

Cheers!

-Brady

For that size roast and your cooker temps that sounds about right.
Depending on how long you are going to cooler it before serving, you might want to pull it off a little sooner like 140.
HTH and good luck!

Tim

Okay, so I should plan on it taking about 2 hours. I was going to have it in the cooler for 30 mins to an hour.

For an hour I'd pull it sooner around 140, usually temps rise about 5 deg in 15 to 20 mins depending on the cooker temps.
And the 2 hrs is just a ballpark figure cause cooking outside does come with some variables, but I'm sure you'll be close.
In the link Tony posted, Chris did do one bones removed.

Tim

Back