Bolt / Nut List Weber Silver B

EddF

TVWBB Member
I am about to restore another Weber silver b, but I think I lost a bunch of the bolts and nuts for the firebox and all others that attach around the grill. Is there a list of how many bolts/nuts and their sizes are needed for a Weber Silver B somewhere? I was hoping to buy a package with a variety but don't remember the exact name or type of bolts used before tackling it.

Yah, that is not an easy question Ed. As Dan alludes, the frames have changed over the years some what. The schematics will help you some, but it is tough to get exact dimensions of the bolts sometimes. And some of the fasteners and bolts are just plain uncommon or even unique to the grill. Here is a 2001-2002 Silver B schematics. Others can be found on Weber.com.

Attachments

• Genesis Silver B Schematics.pdf
    647.6 KB · Views: 11
@EddF three bolts that you need no matter what year are the bolt on the left connecting the cookbox to the frame, and the two bolts holding the manifold to the cookbox.

Stainless Steel hex 1/4 inch x 1 3/4 inch long. I think these are 20 TPI. I don't use wingnuts, I use hex-head nuts with lockwashers for these. If you can't find 1 3/4 long, 2 inch long will work.

With a pic of yours and I'm sure someone can ID the year very quickly.

@EddF three bolts that you need no matter what year are the bolt on the left connecting the cookbox to the frame, and the two bolts holding the manifold to the cookbox.

Stainless Steel hex 1/4 inch x 1 3/4 inch long. I think these are 20 TPI. I don't use wingnuts, I use hex-head nuts with lockwashers for these. If you can't find 1 3/4 long, 2 inch long will work.

With a pic of yours and I'm sure someone can ID the year very quickly.
Good Morning Dan,

Sorry for the late reply, I wound up so busy I forgot to check back.

The silver B I'm restoring is this one here - not sure what year https://www.grillpartszone.com/shopexd.asp?id=30054

6821001.373x250.jpg

Good Morning Dan,

Sorry for the late reply, I wound up so busy I forgot to check back.

The silver B I'm restoring is this one here - not sure what year https://www.grillpartszone.com/shopexd.asp?id=30054

View attachment 72006
Hi Ed,

The silver B evolved a little bit in 2002.

The 2000/2001 models had lower frame sections left to right like the one shown in your picture.

The pic below is a 2002 and you'll notice the lower rack does not have the left-to-right frame sections on the bottom.

Its a small, but subtle difference that I thought I'd mention. If you post a pic of your grill we'll be able to tell for sure.

1685990117987.png

Back