Boat rib eyes!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks just back from a weekend boat trip out looking for sea critters! Not much cooking on a 22 ft boat but I did manage to make some steaks in a cast iron pan on my little camping Coleman gasser!

Here we go!! Started with some golden taters, peppers, onion butter and other seasonings foiled and tossed on the grill!
[IMG:top]
22eb8178.jpg
[/IMG]
I turned over the 12 inch lodge skilled and made a type of cover for the taters... Probably cooked for about 20 minutes till tender and put the whole foil packet in a pot with a lid to keep warm, then in a small pan started a couple fresh halibut cheeks fried in butter and garlic!
f8bfbd1d.jpg
[/IMG]
Set those aside and turned up the heat, butter and salt in the lodge pan and threw 2 decent rib eyes on(sorry my thumb got in the way)
c085133a.jpg
[/IMG]
Then flipped
2cc833d6.jpg
[/IMG]
A shot of the only gasser I own!
dd3e2151.jpg
[/IMG]
Plated (messy) with rum and cokes!
d0ca6026.jpg
[/IMG]
If you were wondering where halibut cheeks come from here ya go!
f26efa8a.jpg
[/IMG]
And a parting shot of the evening!!
b709b107.jpg
[/IMG]
Have a great week!

Take care!

looks like fun! have you checked out those boat grills that hang off the side of the boat over the water? don't know what they're called, but they look pretty cool.

I have eaten cod cheeks and turbot cheeks, both are excellent. I would think the halibut is very good as well. A couple of halibut steaks on the grill would be good, we had some fresh last week.

Looks great to me! Impressive fish. We gave my F-I-L a cobb grill for his 50th birthday. That grill can stand on a plastic table without any problem. Heck you can even move it around with your hands while cooking. A neat little cooker.

Thanks for the nice response! It was a blast and real nice to put some fish in the freezer a well!

Ulf... The grills are magna grills, stainless and the make charcoal and a gas version! I like running them inside the boat when the wind is blowing! I have had one but this little coleman works just fine!

Daniel!!! Yes they are very steady little units! I would like to find a CI grate for the top but other than that they work great for camping on the boat!

Thanks again!

You are handy man. You have my admiration
icon_eek.gif
. Beautiful fishing and the perfect boat cooking. Hats off, Morgan.

Back