Blues Hog logs

I have used B&B's hollow briq-logs. They worked pretty good in low & slow/indirect but I'd never use em' for grilling anything direct. I think the idea behind the larger pieces is that they catch on one end then burn to the other which will not create a glowing hot coal bed in the same time you can do that with regular sized briqs or lump peices.

I have used B&B's hollow briq-logs. They worked pretty good in low & slow/indirect but I'd never use em' for grilling anything direct. I think the idea behind the larger pieces is that they catch on one end then burn to the other which will not create a glowing hot coal bed in the same time you can do that with regular sized briqs or lump peices.
yes, i use B&B logs, they're great.
but the store doesn't stock B&B LOGS, only lump and briqs....
yet, my question is:
Has Anyone Tried BLUES HOG LOGS?

do they compare to B&B logs? good or bad?

Nephew uses both on his gravity fed Masterbuilt thingy and his offset.
He likes them.
He doesn't have a preference, just which one is on sale.

Jim,
I have not seen (or really looked for) them. So, I have no opinion but, I’m open to new experiences. As I only started using Kingsford Comp last year, the fuel I’ve used most of my grilling/smoking life has been KBB. As you know, I’m a serious cheapskate so, unless this stuff kicks me in the shins for a reasonable price? The use remains to be seen.
I will look for some, I have an SRF brisket in the freezer…

Back