Blue Heads

But, Bruce, this is where you excel! On so many levels, “YOU da MAN!!!!”
You take time and understand where thing are supposed to be and you ut them there! On top of that, you (among a few others) share that experience and keep rookies, like me, from totally wasting time, effort and material by doing things wrong!
I doff my hat to all of you experienced, generous, talented restorers that share information so generously!
Thanks guys! When this silly project is done… it’s all your fault with regard to the extent I see stuff that needs to be done “better”!

I was just kind of amazed at how many have passed through my hands. I would have guessed 5-6.

And in all fairness. that last one pictured did not actually get sold that way. It was a requested rehab with the blue lid. The buyer kept putting it off for over a month so I finally cut bait and pulled the blue lid off and put a green one on and sold it. The lid, I still have and is the one Cody is considering buying from me.

Thats ironic for me-I originally got into this hobby with a 98 blue top ss, so I had to have a matching A hood. Now I wish I still had the green hood that I swapped out the blue one for.
Green is my color also

I find about the same amount of green and blue in my area with lots of red and black is somewhere in between

LOL. I almost went back to post photos of green heads that I had done. I see more greens than blues for sure. I think I have a couple green lids in my shed still.

Sounds like if I come across a nice blue lid I could easily swap one of you guys for green or that gray one I'd like to figure out how to get from you Bruce

I would swap in heart beat if we lived 30 miles apart. Shipping costs would be a killer.

I don't usually have two rehabs sitting around at one time, but I made sure to do both of those before I listed them just so I could get that photo. I thought it was kind of a fun photo op.

Bruce,
My favorite is the Silver C that you blacked out. Similar to my Platinum. Granted my quality of work is not the same, but the idea is there.

Blue Platinum Open Cart pic 14.jpg

Last edited:

Back