Blower on Above XX%...

RalphTrimble

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm testing out the new blower settings, "On Above XX%" and I am a bit confused, or should I say it is not behaving as I had envisioned...

My blower settings are
Min=0
Max=100
Startup Max=100
On above=50

I've got the HM blowing at 100% and the web page shows the fan running 50%? If I set On Above 75% the blower is running even slower when the HM is at 100%, around 25% I would guess.

The way I pictured the feature, the blower would still run the full range from your Min to your Max speed according to those settings, but the MIN speed would start at whatever your "On Above" setting is set to...

So with the above settings I would expect the blower to be off from 0-50%, then the blower to run at the MIN speed at 51% and ramp up 100% when the HM is at 100%... So, in the middle when the HM is at 75% the blower would be at 50%....

Basically, just transpose the MIN speed to be at the "ON Above" % rather than at 0%....

I hope that wasn't confusing...

Yeah I think the math is a bit off. It looked to be working properly at lower values but now that mine is at 100% speed the blower isn't where it needs to be. I'll need to fix the calculation. Thanks for the testing, but I think we're moving in the same direction. I'll check back in when I have an update.

It seems to be subtracting whatever the "On Above" setting is from the MAX blower speed.
For instance, if MIN=0 and MAX=100, and the "On Above" setting is:

20%, the blower top speed will be 80% of MAX
50%, the blower top speed will be 50% of MAX
75%, the blower top speed will be 25% of MAX

We need it to end up at the MAX value regardless of the "On Above" setting, not subtract the "On Above" value from the MAX speed...

Last edited:
Yup, looked at it this morning with a clearer head and should be fixed now in 20150908B in all snapshot images. Let me know how it looks now, it was only scaling to 100% - "on above" value.

I just installed the latest snap shot and this feature seems to be fixed, kind of....
It now scales the blower to 100% starting at the "On Above" setting, that much is working.
However, it always scales to 100%, it does not scale to the MAX value. (From looking at the graph) The blower should scale from MIN to MAX starting at the "on Above" value, right now it seems to scale from 0-100% (not Min to Max)

EDIT: I may need to back up a step, it just occurred to me that my Startup Max is set to 100%, and so it is possibly scaling to 100% because if that.... I will have to test this with a real cook and see what happens after I reach my setpoint the first time....

Last edited:
Yeah it should scale to 0%-MAX not to 100%, but if you've got a startup max it is going to do that. The way I tested it this morning was to set the setpoint to something below ambient so it would be in "normal" mode instead of startup. Then I used manual mode to adjust the output to various points and checked the math.

Back