black friday hauls?

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
Even though I vowed to keep the reigns tight this BF, I am weak, sooooooo weak.

My running kicks: NB 880's (40 and change)
Amazon fire tv version 2 PLUS three months of Sling TV ( 85 bucks)
Moto e lte phone ( verizon pre paid, will crack to run GSM) 10 bucks
Ps4 with uncharted bundle 230 shipped
Not ground breaking but not too shabby. 1st BF in recent memory no pc/laptop.

How about you?

All my stuff ( with the exception of the shoes) were online. Easy peasy and no waiting in lines nor dealing with crowds.

I contemplated going to Roku but we are invested in amazon ecosystem and I like thr first generation amazon TV ( the alexa add on is intetesting, but still kind of creepy)

Pammi and I didn't do much. Got up at the break of 7, had breakfast at the mall/Target by 8:30. Went to see the last Hunger games movie. Then lunch and disaster.
Went to pay for lunch. Debit card wasn't taking. Figured card got damaged, so I paid with cash. Pammi checked the balance on our phone. That's when we found out someone had skimmed my debit card and went shopping with our money! 2 shoe stores at another mall, totaling $400! 6phone calls later, and our credit union is going to reimburse us. But 3 calls to the shoes stores/CS, police department and several to our bank. What a pain in in the you know what! we asked the bank hat we can do to prevent this, and they said there really isn't anything we can do! :mad:

Normally I don't deal with the crazies, but Thanksgiving night our hot water heater went out. Farm & Fleet had a 40 gal on sale so I figured I'd hit the store at 6 am.
Parking lot was packed and the lines stretched halfway down the store. When you buy a big box item you take a ticket and take that up to the cashier to pay, but they were out of tickets on that particular one.
I figured they must of sold out already, and I couldn't find anyone working in that department to see if maybe they had one in the back. Went up to customer service to check, but that line was out the door.
So I left. Got home and M' lady asked did you get it. I said no, they must have sold out. She said no they have 3 in stock online, would you like me to purchase it for pickup?
I said sure,and she did.
Thirty mins later I got an E-mail saying my order was ready, jumped in the truck and went to the back of the store to customer pick-up. No lines and all I had to do was sign and load it up.:cool:
Now the deal was the online price turned out to be almost a hundred less than in store price.:)

Tim

After taking the pups to the dog park and freezing my petunia off we went to Costco and scored big, filled up the car for $1.91 a gallon! Went home, stayed home.

Ugh, so sorry. That's infuriating. This kind of thing is just going to get more and more prevalent, and it's just not good enough that our banks don't have any solutions. They need to get ahead of the problem.

Pammi and I didn't do much. Got up at the break of 7, had breakfast at the mall/Target by 8:30. Went to see the last Hunger games movie. Then lunch and disaster.
Went to pay for lunch. Debit card wasn't taking. Figured card got damaged, so I paid with cash. Pammi checked the balance on our phone. That's when we found out someone had skimmed my debit card and went shopping with our money! 2 shoe stores at another mall, totaling $400! 6phone calls later, and our credit union is going to reimburse us. But 3 calls to the shoes stores/CS, police department and several to our bank. What a pain in in the you know what! we asked the bank hat we can do to prevent this, and they said there really isn't anything we can do! :mad:

Phil, our debit card number got hijacked in 2013. Luckily, Chase Bank was right on top of it.

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the debit card. Just keep our credit card and use bank ATMs for cash to use at grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Might be drastic and inconvenient but sure would provide peace of mind! Of course, of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most....:confused:

My Black Friday haul: I hauled the Christmas Decorations from the garage to the living room and then hauled the empty boxes back out to the garage :)

That is so frustrating. We've had that happen with our credit cards. Fortunately the banks/credit card companies have been right on top of it and we have not had to pay any of the fraudulent charges.

It was getting so bad with my Cabelas CC that I finally decided to use that card for Cabelas purchases only and nothing else. I started doing this about a year ago and the card has not been hacked since.

I don't use our debit card much. Mainly just for groceries and for paying a few monthly utility bills online.

Didn't buy anything yesterday. We do need to replace an aging second desktop pc that we bought in 2008, but will do that after we get our tax refund in early spring.

Didn't do anything on black Friday but we did today. Rich got a camera from Target and I a Kindle from Amazon Merry Christmas to us.

Sandy, is the PS4 for you or the kids I ask because I'm curious about the Uncharted game, it looks interesting like a cross between Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones.

Phil, were ever able to track back to where your info was stolen meaning a certain local store or was it online?

No debit cards none of the time, ever. Use a credit card only. Once they have hacked your debit card they often try in person withdrawals of your accounts.
If you don't require a photo id for withdrawals sometimes they succeed.

I got a canon DSLR camera last year but was out of town with family and avoided the crazyness this year!

Bob, my card has been cancelled and a new one is going to be issued.
But I think I am going to bump up my weekly allowance, just so I won't have to use my card as much.

Sandy, is the PS4 for you or the kids I ask because I'm curious about the Uncharted game, it looks interesting like a cross between Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones.

Its for the kids. We are all highly connected but one rule for video games, no shoot em ups. The uncharted bundle was chosen because it was the trilogy and it was the only one priced less than 299.

I will likely get some other games, my brother has a ps4 so I will ask him. He played last of us ( which he really liked but wholly inappropriate for my kids).

We also have a ps3 that we used as a dnla client, will try some stuff with the ps4 knowing that there are differences.

Back