Big Thanx to the forum

Derrick H

TVWBB Fan
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on the forum. So willing to help with even the most obvious questions. A great feeling of brotherhood around here. I went from following instructions by the word with mixed results to "freestyling" and making decisions based on the knowledge I got here.

No doubt getting the WSM helped, but my food on my Performer is better as well. So thanks. I'll include a few pictures.

First is a 3 slab arrangement I did in my WSM for the super bowl. I should have cut them in half and placed them, but this worked too -

6854269007_d40dcdd772.jpg

6854268495_c7482e6bf0.jpg

Next is the Super Bowl spread with ribs in the foreground, pulled pork next to that and brisket in a pan. I will include a up close pic of the brisket too.

6854268785_7b85815b1f_z.jpg

6854267565_85b54070d0_z.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derrick H:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on the forum. So willing to help with even the most obvious questions. A great feeling of brotherhood around here. I went from following instructions by the word with mixed results to "freestyling" and making decisions based on the knowledge I got here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so very true Derrick..... i will admit i am always hesitant about asking questions.... but everyone is always so willing to help out.

and i also agree with "freestyling" and finding your own groove for doing things... but with added knowledge. its really a tremendous help.

oh yes.... and great looking food!

That is some Great Food Derrick!

Welcome to the Forum. A Great site with Great Folks.

You should be posting pic's in the Photo Gallery Sir!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
Great spread Derrick. You might want to invest in a rib rack, or roll and skewer like Brian Staley :
IMG_5014.JPG
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were on a rib rack, but it was the old Weber one that is a bit too close together, so I ended up laying them on top of the rack so that they could fit in my WSM.

On my next smoke I put 5 slabs of ribs in a rack in the lower grate. I should have taken pics of that because the architecture of that was insane. I had a brisket on the top grate. On that one, my 70+ year old father said those were the best ribs he has ever tasted. Quite the compliment.

next I will try the skewers though.

Back