Big Day! New Performer

Ben M (KC)

Well, I finally broke down after months of Craigslist adds falling through and bought a brand new brick red performer. Put it together tonight, burned her in, and did quick spur of the moment cook (gathering whats in the fridge). Very pleased and excited to have a daily meal cooker instead of trying to use my WSM bottom.

IMAG0018.jpg

All put together:

IMAG0020.jpg

On the patio heating up:

IMAG0021.jpg

a couple of the cook after heating up for an hour or so:

IMAG00011.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

thanks for looking! It was a good first cook since I was gonna let her burn in a bit and turned out nicely

I suppose I forgot your plate..here you go, a little sample:

IMAG00012.jpg

Very nice plate for the trial run, I see you are well stocked with blue k in the back of the first photo.

Originally posted by Dave O:
Very nice plate for the trial run, I see you are well stocked with blue k in the back of the first photo.

yeah you could say I'm stocked up..that's about half to 3/4 you can see in that pic. Was hoping for a Stubbs sale this year but no luck.

Congrat's! Nothing like the first day with a new Weber. They last so long those days are few and far between.

Ah yes, I remember the first time---
on my new performer.
Have many more cooks.
guy

My Platinum is brick red....aint that a great color!!

That is a sweet set-up...congratulations!!!.....and we are all looking forward to many cooks on it!!!

You will not regret your purchase, I am on the fence about getting another one. If I can offer one piece of advice. When it comes time to replace the original nickle plated cooking grate, I would replace it with the stainless steel hinged one.

Back