Best way to clean Thermoset tables?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
What is the best way to clean Thermoset tables? I have some darker probably grease spots on mine which I cannot get off with soapy water and a sponge. Is there a way to get them clean again? Thx

Stefan,

On the Weber Kettle Club site they have a tutorial about restoring these. They are primarily dealing with the fading that occurs over time, but it should also work for your problem. Essentially, they recommend a light sanding to get down to a fresh layer.

I am on my iPad on which I can never figure out how to use to post links. I will post one when I an get to my pc.

I just cleaned some thermoset shelf's on a silver b restore I'm doing and they were badly stained. I soaked the shelf overnight in water with some Dawn dish soap. I then scrubbed them with 0000 steel wool while still in the soapy water.
I let them dry in the sun and put a coat of food grade mineral oil. They look like brand new.

This is how I clean my thermoset tables. Simply get a 2:1 mixture of bleach to water and use a clean cloth. If that doesn't do it, grab some #0000 steel wool and use that with the bleach mixture. Then a quick wipe down with a car vinyl proctectant like Armor all. It hasn't failed me yet. Same goes for the grey end caps. This is a before and after picture of the Silver C that I just finished yesterday.

HsJZ4AJ.jpg

Only thing I diverge on is using Armour All. I think food grade mineral oil would be better because being on a prep surface I don't want the potential of food contact with who knows what in Armour All or other automotive products

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on the thermoset tables. I ha e had much better luck with them over Simply Green, bleach, etc. cleans them right up.

Thanks guys. I will try it out. And I assume what works for the tables should also work the grey handles.

Back