Best way to clean stainless

Eric-NH

TVWBB Pro
Wondering what people use and if there is any way to restore stainless that's been overheated/has discoloration. My 650 summit has some burn marks on the control panel from the previous owner continuing to use it with the cookbox burnt out.

Attachments

• 1000003406.jpg
    1000003406.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 8
I like Bar Keeper's Friend for cleaning and then a stainless steel polish for polishing. Beware of the temptation to use an abrasive pad to accelerate the process...

If there is no printing on the panel, good ol' ammonia and green ScotchBrite has been good for me. Never got BFK to do anything but wear my arm out

I see you guys posting these things. Frankly I just scratch my head. Stuff does nothing for me. Except wear my arm out. Don't know what I do wrong, or maybe you guys keep your right arms in shape somehow :D

I see you guys posting these things. Frankly I just scratch my head. Stuff does nothing for me. Except wear my arm out. Don't know what I do wrong, or maybe you guys keep your right arms in shape somehow :D
From the horse's mouth:

If using the Powder Cleanser, create and apply a paste, let it sit for 5 minutes (if badly stained), wipe it using a hand towel or soft cloth, and then rinse with a hose. If you want a cleaner that spreads most easily, use the BKF Soft Cleanser following the same instructions.

Been using it for years with great results.

I agree with Bob on this method, the waiting makes the last stage of polishing much easier. I use BKF in my sink weekly!
And if it works forJon, it’s good enough for me.

Have tried both versions. Got nowhere. Well, I shouldn't say "nowhere" but the work involved was WAY out of proportion to the results.

Back