Best Rotisserie for the Weber Kettle 22

I wanted to add another item to my Cajun Bandit order placed last Saturday; however, I used the email addresses listed on their Website(info@cajunbandit.com and contact@cajunbandit.com) but received message(s) back that they were both invalid addresses. Also, I could not find any Contact phone# listing on their website, so, asking please for assistance from some of you Forum Members regarding this situation.

Update: Chris Perres of the Cajun Bandit Responded to my request this morning and his email address is: infinityiron007@gmail.com and his phone numbers are:
(256)319-2294 and (256)651-0721.

In the near future I plan of purchasing the Stainless Steel(SS) One-Grill Electric Motor, SS Universal Spit Rod and SS Grill Rotisserie Forks for my 22" Cajun Bandit Rotisserie. What is the size of Spit Rod and Forks that will fit my Rotisserie?

Last edited:
My Cajun Bandit Rotisserie arrived this morning here in Costa Rica. I placed the SS Rotisserie Ring on my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) 22" which also can be used on a WSM 22" as it is Reversible. However, when placed on my WPD I notice a small open hole at the bottom of the Ring used for running through the Spit on a WSM 22" and my concern is Will this hamper controlling the temperature and should I patch-it-up with some Heat Tape?

Unfortunately My WSM "Classic" 18" will not be able to take advantage of this unit.

I don’t think the hole will be much of a problem, do a test run and see. If you don’t like it, you can tape it and find out if it’s an improvement or not!
Just for the record, my Weber ring fits quite well but, had I known about the SS version from CBR I’d have done that in a heartbeat! Maybe I’ll get one for the 18” ? Hmmm...

Tim: Thanx for the reply and should I do a Burn-in before cooking some chicken on my new CBR??

I always do this after buying new Weber Kettles to get rid of any manufacturing grease but this my first Rotisserie.

Richard, if you use an ATC, then you may want to tape off the unused holes. I use my CBR on my WSM with an ATC. After a couple of cooks, I did tape over the holes with high-temp flue tape to control the fluctuations. If I wasn't using the ATC, I would not have bothered. I washed mine with soap and water before I cooked food on it the first time.

J Grotz: I do not have a ATC but will see how it goes after a trial run. What is your thought on my Burn-in Question above before cooking some chicken on my new CBR?? Also, what is your thought on using the CBR with the lid removed??

My plan set-up will be a pan half-full of warm water between the two(2) Weber Charcoal Holders filled with lit Blue-Bag Charcoal and will add a few more unlit charcoal as needed to maintain a temperature of around 400F.

Thanx for your reply and advice on this matter.

Last edited:
J Grotz: I do not have a ATC but will see how it goes after a trial run. What is your thought on my Burn-out Question above before cooking some chicken on my new CBR?? Also, what is your thought on using the CBR with the lid removed??

Thanx for your reply and advice on this matter.
I did not do a burn in. I just washed mine with soap and water and then started cooking with it. I've never tried cooking without the lid, so I can't offer any advice there. Have fun and post some pics of your cooks!

To those Forum Members that have a Rotisserie Attachment for a Weber Kettle; what spare parts do you keep-on-hand, i.e., extra spin rod, spin forks, bushings, electric/battery motor, etc.??

I just make sure I don’t turn off the power to that receptacle (until I’m done)!! Rods and forks, unless you are a steel wheel cleaner of the parts should last virtually forever, I’ve had my set since ‘12 and not showing any signs of failure.
Rico, just ride the roll, it will be fine.

TIM; Thanx for the reply; for wrapping chickens how do you store your twine or do you keep it on a dispenser of some-kind?

I know OP and Richard have already made their decisions. For future readers of this thread, this video shows in better detail how the newer version of the Weber rotisserie ring fits down into the kettle and seals better than the old, 4-tab version.
See at the 47 second mark of the video.

I don't think one can go wrong with either the CB or Weber rotisseries.

I don’t think the hole will be much of a problem, do a test run and see. If you don’t like it, you can tape it and find out if it’s an improvement or not!
Just for the record, my Weber ring fits quite well but, had I known about the SS version from CBR I’d have done that in a heartbeat! Maybe I’ll get one for the 18” ? Hmmm...
I had a recent phone conversation with Chris Perres of Cajun Bandit who stated that he had a few customer inquires regarding these holes but stated that this should not be a problem in controlling the temperature. He also stated that if this becomes a problem to tape-it-up with some metal tape.

Me,Such a newbie to this type of Grilling creates another thought; how about spinning the Rotisserie Chicken WITHOUT the Weber Performer Deluxe lid which would make the hole issue moot??? Ok, a couple of trial runs with/without the Lid should answer this question but nice to hear some input from you experienced Rotisserie Charcoal Kettle users.

Last edited:
Richard, I think you should try it lidded, I seriously doubt that a few holes will make much difference in the end product. Then try one “open” but, you will lose a HUGE amount of heat that way. Can you shoot a picture of the holes, I’m curious why you are so concerned. I use mine lidded, basic two basket indirect method, works a charm!

Richard, I think you should try it lidded, I seriously doubt that a few holes will make much difference in the end product. Then try one “open” but, you will lose a HUGE amount of heat that way. Can you shoot a picture of the holes, I’m curious why you are so concerned. I use mine lidded, basic two basket indirect method, works a charm!
Tim: They are the same exact holes that you use to attach the Rotisserie Motor Mount and run-the-spit to the 22" Weber Kettle and when you flip-it you find duplicate holes in order to attach the Rotisserie Motor Mount and run-the-spit to a 22" WSM. So, with each flip it leaves you with a unused spit and Rotisserie Mount holes near the bottom of the Rotisserie Ring.

Oh, still need to do some practice in posting my First pictures on any Website. Again, thanx for the excellent advice.

Last edited:
I just touched off an overnight smoke, don’t worry about any of it, just “Spin and Win” it will be fine! Trust me.
The “Leaps of Faith” through all of the alleys I’ve been brave enough to follow from this site, no deep failures! A few, after learning from more experience, I might have done differently but, I just touched off an overnight in “slow” mode.
I think you have the concept properly in mind, turn it and see how you need to dial things in. Even if it’s not stellar, it will be great!

Back