Best replacement burner tubes 7508 for resto

Thanks for following up Chris, but if you would want to give it a shot, and if doesn't negatively affect the forum performance, we could keep it as long as it gets used. If it starts to be a problem, I would assume it could be simply removed.
No problem either way. Thanks for your time and effort running this forum day to day.
Bruce

Well Larry, it will be nice to have someone standing in the corner with me from time to time! Too bad we can’t play cribbage while we’re under “discipline”
I’ve gotten to know my corner very well, this one is opposite from the one I have to use from Mandolin Café (excellent for equally well informed data in the Mandolin community, if anyone cares) I repainted that one more than twice over the years.
Have a delightful day everyone, I’m off to finish some grate maintenance on the maroon gem.

SO you play Mandolin? A few years ago I really wanted to try my hand at it and found a 1947 Martin Mandolin in CL. Price was great went to look at it and it was in mint condition. For $150 I could not pass it up. It had a wonderful sound clear and bright. But try as I might I could never play the damn thing. I could not get used to the tuning compared to guitar. So I finally sold it. I ended up getting about $850 for it!
Currently I have an original Martin D12-28 guitar I bought brand new in 1974. Now I have to find a luthier to try and have the neck reset as it has shifted slightly and Martin did not make them with a truss rod so it cannot be adjusted.

That’s typical for 12-28’s especially so for martins of the early to mid 70’s to be honest. I have a friend that had to have both of her Martin necks reset, time takes its toll on that joint in pretty much any guitar, it’s a maintenance issue.let me see if I can find the name of someone’s in greater Chicagoland, might take me a day or two but, I will let you know what I find but, I think that Old Town school of folk music still has a shop but, I may be mistaken
Mandolin is almost as bad an infection as grills! I’ve been playing bluegrass music for 45 years and still enjoy it, especially when I have friends over to make some music, enjoy some cold beverages and end the night with some feasting from the grill or WSM.
In Bluegrass parlance “WSM” is William Simpson Monroe.

I have not been able to play this instrument for quite some time now. Not long ago I did some damage to nerves in my neck and lost almost all use of my left hand. I could not even hold a knife to cut my steak at the table. Like a little child my wife had to cut my food for me or I had to use a cutting board and my chef's knife to hold the meat down with my left hand and slice it for the table. Not bad at home but impossible when out. I started seeing a Chiropractor and he was able to get use of my hand back (albeit weaker than before but at least I don't have a "club") Sadly I have lost most of the muscle memory I used to play but can still muddle along a bit on my 6 string but with the neck shift on the 12 and my weakened left hand it's not played at all for about 4 or 5 ears now :(
Hopefully someone can reset it and get the action down to where I can go back to it.
Thanks for the PM

Back