Best Q in Memphis?

S. Fink

TVWBB Fan
Happy Holidays everyone. I'm heading to Memphis for a quick daytrip with the family this weekend and looking to try some new Q. I've done Rendezvous and Interstate. Any suggestions? Are there good places on Beale St. (other than Rendezvous) as I'll be there on Sat. night?

There's a place called the Commissary in German Town (suburb of Memphis). Look that up if you're willing to venture out a little bit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry N.:
There's a place called the Commissary in German Town (suburb of Memphis). Look that up if you're willing to venture out a little bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been to the Germantown Commissary. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Those are the ribs that got me started with real barbecue. Highly recommended.

We ate at The Commissary last year and really enjoyed it too. Try to work it into your schedule.

Rita

I recently read "Smokestack Lightning" by Lolis Elie. It seems his favorite 'Q joint in Memphis was the Cozy Corner, 745 North Parkway, Memphis TN.

But, the trip he was writing about was done in '93 or '94, so it may no longer be open, or could be very different now.

Take a little road trip north on I-55 to Blytheville AR (70 miles), and go to The Dixie Pig (oldest BBQ joint in AR), 701 N 6th St (US 61), Blytheville AR. Or try the pulled pork sandwiches at The Kream Kastle, 112 N Division St, Bly AR.

i can tell you where NOT to go. a place called 'marlowes'. probably the worst i've ever had.

Back