Best plans sometimes...

Ed Cardoza

TVWBB Pro
Well once again I thought I would do an overnighter and it never got off the ground. The plan was to put two butts on the WSM at 9 pm last night, but it never happened, and I can't even blame Larry R this time, as I didn't even drink last night. Anyway, I woke up at 12:30 am and realized that I hadn't put the butts on, so I got my lazy a$$ out of bed and seasoned the two butts, put them back in the fridge until I got the WSM up to speed. Finally at 2 am I was able to put both butts on and set the pit temp at 250*, once she got up to temp and stabilized, I went back to bed, and that ended up being 3:45 am. Got up the second time at 7:30 am and checked on them and they were doing just fine and still sitting at 250* at the grate and the internal was at 160*. At 1 pm she hit 190* internal and I pulled them both the best I could as they were falling apart. I double wrapped them in foil and place them in a cooler. I had shut down the DIGIQ as the alarm kept going off due to high temps, and then took four ears of corn and wrapped them in bacon to place back on the WSM. but the temps had fallen all the way down to 165*, and I had one hell of a time getting her back up to speed and finally was able to get it to 225* at 3pm and the corn went on. I hope that it is done by 4 pm and then I will let the corn cool, strip the corn from the cob and then use the corn on top of our salad for this evenings dinner. Hell I was planning on at least a 17-18 hour cook, but now it looks like we will eat before the sun goes down for a change.

I hear ya George... it's 110* up in here in Fresno. My darn electric bill is going to be killer this month with the A/C running most of the day.

Ed, 160º by 7:30AM and done by 1:00 Man those butts cooked quick.
icon_eek.gif
Sounds like all turned out well for you though. And without a doubt, I know it was Larry's fault.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back