Best Grill Ever?

Why the 2000? Weren't the 3000, 4000 and 5000 the high end models? The ones with special features?

How was the 2000 different than the 1000? Is there a list of the features of these different models?
Well, mine is technically a 3000, which means it had a side burner. I took it off because I have never used it, and replaced it with a side table. The four and five thousands start getting away from the classic look of the 1000, I just like the extra side shelf. I guess my personal preference lands squarely on the 2000. Open lower cart area, natural gas, two side tables and for me no flip up side tables. I recently hardwired an electrical receptacle outside right by the grill so now I can run the rotisserie without an extension cord. I'd rather stick with my own use preferences and keep the features of the grill that I like, use and enjoy the look of. Hence wood slats, for example.

Well, mine is technically a 3000, which means it had a side burner. I took it off because I have never used it, and replaced it with a side table. The four and five thousands start getting away from the classic look of the 1000, I just like the extra side shelf. I guess my personal preference lands squarely on the 2000. Open lower cart area, natural gas, two side tables and for me no flip up side tables. I recently hardwired an electrical receptacle outside right by the grill so now I can run the rotisserie without an extension cord. I'd rather stick with my own use preferences and keep the features of the grill that I like, use and enjoy the look of. Hence wood slats, for example.
I'm new to this grill hobby but I believe my tastes are similar to yours. Give me high quality that works well and keep it simple.

Hang around here long enough and you might catch the bug going around. @Brett-EDH seems to be immune to it, however it may just be temporary.

For me I want the best possible cooker for the cook, and I keep learning and experimenting, and at times I want to cook different things at the same time that need different heat or smoke or no-smoke.

Hang around here long enough and you might catch the bug going around. @Brett-EDH seems to be immune to it, however it may just be temporary.

For me I want the best possible cooker for the cook, and I keep learning and experimenting, and at times I want to cook different things at the same time that need different heat or smoke or no-smoke.
I have more cars than grills. I used to have 3 grills at once. Then got down to two. Holding at two but might go to one this spring/summer. I like my gasser but really don’t use it anymore. Maybe that’ll change. But I’m seriously considering selling the Summit 670. I will add a NG jet burner to my future island tho for extreme wok cooking. Like 60k BTU cooking.

If you want a good laugh, just replace "Grill" or "Grills" with "Girl" or "Girls" with what is written above :devilish:
Man, tried dating two girls at once a long time ago. They both knew about the other (because I'm not going to lie) and they were both free to date others as well. At first, they both said they were good. One had been kind of stand-offish to that point. The cool part was it drove them both wild and I soon got invited under the sheets by the one who had previously not been sure. The down side was, there was no way to hide anything from either one of them. They both somehow knew when I was with the other and would make a point of letting me know. Plus, it was exhausting.

Before long, one of them demanded that I make a choice. And so I did. But it wasn't her. And then I swore off two at a time. A female friend later said, "Two women are less than one" and I agreed. What a pain.

Totally different with inanimate stuff. I understand the way objects can pull one in. If I could afford a garage full of cars, that would be tempting. I got the safety razor bug (classic shaving with soap, brush, etc.) big time at one point. I have 75 or more of them, mostly antique and a few modern artisan beauties. At this point, I use two (maybe three). The rest sit. Tried straights but that was a bit too hard core. Mainly because I couldn't keep them sharp enough. Nothing like opening a new blade that costs anywhere from 5 to 25 cents and experiencing a perfect razor's edge.

What makes me laugh is I first explored safety razors to save money because those ridiculous plastic multi-edge blades are such a ripoff. Discovered one can get a way better shave with an old fashioned setup. Then the bug took over and it's safe to say I didn't save money.

If you want a good laugh, just replace "Grill" or "Grills" with "Girl" or "Girls" with what is written above :devilish:
That’d be real bad, real bad. Cars don’t talk, nor have opinions, and you can sell one when you’re done with it. I did just sell one and replaced it almost immediately. Totally upgraded on that deal 🤣

I'd probably always have at least two grills -- one gasser and one charcoal grill/smoker.

For the gasser, my ideal specs would be:
  • a least 36 inches wide cooktop
  • four main burners that run north/south
  • sear station burner, preferably an IR burner.
  • open cart
  • two flip up tables
  • no side burner
  • red lid
My dream grill has never been made. An E-410 SE is about as close as I've seen.

I love the detailed descriptions. I'm clearly in a community of men for whom grilling is part practical cooking method and part art form.

Last night, I was researching charcoal grilling. Was inspired by what I'm reading here and wanted to get a sense of what that's about. Don't see myself going in that direction but it's interesting to gain insight into this grilling enthusiast subculture.

For the gasser, my ideal specs would be:
  • a least 36 inches wide cooktop
  • four main burners that run north/south
  • sear station burner, preferably an IR burner.
  • open cart
  • two flip up tables
  • no side burner
  • red lid
Pretty close to my choice. Replaced my Silver B Green lid with an E-330. Got the sear burner I wanted but it added the side burner I did not want-would prefer table surface. I miss the two flip up tables on the Silver B. I like the new burner orientation. I hate the tank inside the cart when it needs changed plus it uses up storage area. Would prefer open cart. Hate the black lid that always looks smeared. Does not seem that it would be hard for Weber to produce this.

I love the detailed descriptions. I'm clearly in a community of men for whom grilling is part practical cooking method and part art form.

Last night, I was researching charcoal grilling. Was inspired by what I'm reading here and wanted to get a sense of what that's about. Don't see myself going in that direction but it's interesting to gain insight into this grilling enthusiast subculture.
and women. BBQ has no boundaries.

I would say overall if I had to live with one grill and one only....................An old deep box Genesis. They're as versatile as you can find and IMO Weber has not made anything equal since. Actually since 2011 not even close IMO

I would say overall if I had to live with one grill and one only....................An old deep box Genesis. They're as versatile as you can find and IMO Weber has not made anything equal since. Actually since 2011 not even close IMO
Some people cite the 1000 through 5000 which has the deep box and 13 flavorizer bars. It sounds like you're saying the deep box itself is the most important thing. Am I reading your comment right?

Yes you are. Second would be the shallow box sidewiders I will never buy a front control Genesis. IMO Genesis means "new beginning" or "rebirth". Weber reinvented the gas grill with it. But in 2011 they gave in to market peers chiding them for side controls. Shame on them

Yes you are. Second would be the shallow box sidewiders I will never buy a front control Genesis. IMO Genesis means "new beginning" or "rebirth". Weber reinvented the gas grill with it. But in 2011 they gave in to market peers chiding them for side controls. Shame on them
Two questions. What do you see as the downside of front controls? And do you not consider the number of flavorizer bars all that important or do you prefer the 1000 series to those that came later?

This is a fun thread I can't live with one grill so for sure the Silver C would be around forever had a 1000 like the C better heats up faster gets to a higher temp the side burner is used maybe 4 or 5 times a year when I do fried oysters which are not allowed to be done in the house per my wife. Otherwise its useless nor do I care about having another table on the right side to be honest on the C almost never use the left side drop down table.

Can't get rid of the Performer my favorite grill nor my trusty UDS which I can't get rid of cause it won't die did a Spatchcock Turkey for Thanks Giving ran it at 345 less than 3 hours on a 14 lb turkey it was done and rave reviews so for me its hard to beat for a smoker and to be honest using that maybe 6 times a year.

I would never have at least one grill that does not use charcoal so maybe in the end get the Weber Kamado get rid of the performer and UDS but damn I love that Performer.

Back