Best Cover?

JohnY

Hey all, I’m looking for a cover for a WSM 18”. Hoping to find one that’s water proof enough not to get puddles in my ash pan. The Weber branded one on my gas grill is great, is the WSM of same quality? I saw someone suggest “The Cover Store”, anyone have one of those?

Question do you have any handles that stick out from the sides of your WSM like about a I ches or so like garage door handles? Or do you have a lid hinge ? And lastly do you have issues with wind removing your cover?
For large handles the above cover would work grate. For lid hinge and winds a different cover would be better something that follows the shape better like a Vernda model they are strong water proof, and are a little wider to slide on easier.
I also have one for my AC condenser.

My WSM is stock, no added handles or hinges. Wind is not a very big factor, it’s outside, but fairly protected.

I’m hoping to find something that will last at least a few years and doesn’t require waterproofing the seams.

Hey all, I’m looking for a cover for a WSM 18”. Hoping to find one that’s water proof enough not to get puddles in my ash pan. The Weber branded one on my gas grill is great, is the WSM of same quality? I saw someone suggest “The Cover Store”, anyone have one of those?

Thanks! I read good things about this cover. I just wish it was avialble in black.
You didn't originally request black, this is getting closer to black & is made by the same MFG. as suggested above, just a different style within their product line:

John.
I had a cover made for my 14.5 WSM and my 18.5 kettle. They are waterproof and very well made. I expect them to last a lot longer than the stock Weber ones. I chose the Cover Tuff in the select material options. They have a handle panel that is vented underneath.

Edit: A bit of advice. I found the WSM cover to be a bit too long. But you can adjust the length in the measurements section before ordering. I would say 3-4 inches shorter. YMMV. I use the Jumbo Joe cover for my 18" kettle.

IMG_1253.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up getting this one. It’s the same as Veranda brand company but different cheaper model maybe? I paid less than $20 and it seems nice. I had to cut the stretchy cord at the opening because it was way too tight to make it easy to put on. Even cut off it leaves no spare room but goes on easy enough with no fear of blowing away. Time will tell how it holds up. I’ll report back after heavy rain and let you guys know if it keeps water out.

I ended up getting this one. It’s the same as Veranda brand company but different cheaper model maybe? I paid less than $20 and it seems nice. I had to cut the stretchy cord at the opening because it was way too tight to make it easy to put on. Even cut off it leaves no spare room but goes on easy enough with no fear of blowing away. Time will tell how it holds up. I’ll report back after heavy rain and let you guys know if it keeps water out.

Nice looking keep us up to date on its performance and longevity.

Back