Beeville CBA

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
It's been a couple months. Had some comps get cancelled so was nice to get back to it. Chilly temps gave some challenges and I made a couple bonehead mistakes so I probably did better than I should have. 27 teams. 22nd chicken, 15th ribs and 4th brisket for 11th overall. I dried the chicken out so I got what I deserved.

It was a fun time with some great teams. After rib injections it was time to go to bed so I blew up the air mattress, turned off the generator and thus the mini split(I'm always afraid I'll run out of fuel for the gen). Big mistake. I got pretty chilled on my back from the cold air transferred from the floor and when I couldn't bare it anymore I got up and turned the gen on. At that point it was 45 inside. But the split did its job and I got at least a couple hours sleep before getting up at 4:15 to light the fire. By that time it had dipped to 27 outside. Figured I'd share my bonehead story, might be worth a laugh.

Anyway, can't wait for the next one. Chicken was dark, ribs looked alright. Didn't get a brisket box pic as I was running short on time. Cheers y'all!IMG20240120125238.jpgIMG20240120115338.jpgIMG20240120070029.jpg

Gary, you did a great job, proud of you, and take better care of yourself. KEEP NICE AND WARM!!!!!

And the food looks DELICIOUS!!!!!

It's been a couple months. Had some comps get cancelled so was nice to get back to it. Chilly temps gave some challenges and I made a couple bonehead mistakes so I probably did better than I should have. 27 teams. 22nd chicken, 15th ribs and 4th brisket for 11th overall. I dried the chicken out so I got what I deserved.

It was a fun time with some great teams. After rib injections it was time to go to bed so I blew up the air mattress, turned off the generator and thus the mini split(I'm always afraid I'll run out of fuel for the gen). Big mistake. I got pretty chilled on my back from the cold air transferred from the floor and when I couldn't bare it anymore I got up and turned the gen on. At that point it was 45 inside. But the split did its job and I got at least a couple hours sleep before getting up at 4:15 to light the fire. By that time it had dipped to 27 outside. Figured I'd share my bonehead story, might be worth a laugh.

Anyway, can't wait for the next one. Chicken was dark, ribs looked alright. Didn't get a brisket box pic as I was running short on time. Cheers y'all!View attachment 85423View attachment 85424View attachment 85425
Nice looking pit Gary.

Chicken & ribs both look pretty, if that's any consolation.

If you ask me, the pic says you Aced it!

Great job, thanks for sharing, and we love seeing your trailer and setup.

Gary, see you are looking at the Humor thread, don't you just love the new dog post. lol

Back