Beer can chickens on the SF🔥

Rubs are Oakridge chili lime and secret weapon, marinated over night in my butchers mesquite marinade.D1B7977F-9300-4915-9C46-61C248788E99.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good up there in San Bruno!! I'm too lazy to cook today as we get ready for a short camping trip, so probably just some takeout for us (or a bagel.) :|

R

Have a nice trip, we are off to Tahoe in a couple weeks! A little worried but the kids and wife NEED it!

Have a nice trip, we are off to Tahoe in a couple weeks! A little worried but the kids and wife NEED it!
Food looks amazing, I have not not cooked a whole chicken in a few weeks, I need to change that. But man vacation... Here on the east coast we always go to the beaches in the Carolinas, my wife wants to go so bad, but I just don't know.

They look awesome! Love those sweet chiles! Any thoughts on the cherry? We’ve got a bag waiting in the wings.
The cherry smells great while smoking, I can’t say it was much different than the master blend because they are almost the same mix of cherry and maple.

Cherry is 40% cherry 60% maple
Master blend 33% cherry 34% maple 33% hickory
I can say I have been very happy with Weber pellets so far!

Really looks good. I was wondering what your response would be to the Weber cherry pellets. I'm going to be using some for the first time also. I can see why the would be comparable to the Master blend.

The cherry smells great while smoking, I can’t say it was much different than the master blend because they are almost the same mix of cherry and maple.

Cherry is 40% cherry 60% maple
Master blend 33% cherry 34% maple 33% hickory
I can say I have been very happy with Weber pellets so far!
Yeah, good point. I wasn’t paying attention when I ordered them with the SF and didn’t notice ‘til they arrived. I’m going to get some kingsford cherry; they’re 100%cherry (allegedly);)

Back