Beer can chicken - new blue grill

Pete Z

TVWBB Super Fan
My first indirect cook on my blue kettle and the first time with these fancy charcoal baskets. The baskets really make things easier and I had the best charcoal longevity ever. The only screw up was that I forgot to put a pan below the chickens. I just got done scrubbing grease from the bottom of the kettle and the charcoal pan. Chicken was great as usual.
20200628_174830.jpg

20200628_174857.jpg20200628_175747.jpg20200628_180149.jpg20200628_191331.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but did it TASTE good?
It tasted great. I brined the birds and then used a couple of rubs that have been sitting around collecting dust: Penzey's Turkish rub on one chicken and their Bicentennial Rub on the other. Both were good.

As beautiful as that MT is, it could look even better... ;)

blueportraitcropped.jpg

Pete, you're not the first and you won't be the last who's forgotten the drip pan...;)

The ash pan has some sort of non-stick coating that makes it easy to clean. I wondered what kind of neat-freak would clean out that pan. I guess I know now...🤪

Nice looking grill and birds! Impressive that you were able to get the lid to shut with both of those birds on the top grate.

I usually do my beer can chicken down on the charcoal grate with the charcoal baskets on opposite sides of bird.

Back