Been lurking here since the Smokefire was announced

BenB

I had tons of confidence based on initial reviews that the Smokefire was going to be awesome. Love my WSM and Weber Kettle and have used them for a long time. Was SO disappointed in initial the initial reviews and problems in those early days.

Was thinking about a pellet smoker again, came back here and other places and saw that most issues have been resolved. With the sale price, I decided to take a chance and picked up an EX6 last night.

First smoke was a boneless Costco butt. No issues at all. Maybe not quite as much smoke flavor as the WSM, but it also doesn't have any of the bitterness I sometimes get. Worked great! I hope for many more smooth smokes.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 14
you will not get the same smokiness as the WSM, but to me it is SOOO much easier. I actually just sold my WSM with a temp controller as the Smokefire is 90% there with the flavor. Try using stronger pellets, I found the Weber Grillmaster blend is strong, same with Lumberjack 100% Hickory. GL!

Congratulations on your new toy. My family likes the smoke flavor and say it's smoother than the WSM. The more you know about the grill's operation the fewer problems you'll have and when you have a problem you know how to deal with it. I've had mine 11 months and never lost a cook. Enjoy.

you will not get the same smokiness as the WSM, but to me it is SOOO much easier. I actually just sold my WSM with a temp controller as the Smokefire is 90% there with the flavor. Try using stronger pellets, I found the Weber Grillmaster blend is strong, same with Lumberjack 100% Hickory. GL!
Yep, Weber GrillMaster Blend is excellent - just very pricey. I am looking forward to trying out the Kingsford "Signature" blend. You can get it for about $10.00 for a 20lb bag at WallyWorld if they have it at your store. I had to go to the big Walmart in Terre Haute to buy it. I will post my thoughts when I get the chance to try it out. It does look promising that Kingsford is doing pellets right and not putting flavor oils on oak and other filler😕.

Back