Beef Ribs

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all,
I would really like to learn how to perfect “beef ribs”. I am very satisfied with the way my pork baby backs, and spares turn out. At this point, it’s almost a no brainer, but beef?? I almost always wreck em. They come out burnt, or mushy. Yeh, I have seen the cooking topics about this, but I know there are others out there who know how to cook perfect beef ribs. Please tell me all “prep, wood, pan with water or not, baste and or sauce”.
Decent beef ribs are hard to find in my area, but once in a while, I can find them.

i prep them simple. then into the weber kettle at around 300 deg. i cook until a probe goes in easy. i do not foil. i do not use liquids either. smoke is usualy oak or pecan. thats it.

Beef ribs are probably my favorite thing to cook. Good meaty ribs is the secret. Most ribs are over trimmed. I like to keep it simple and use plain ol' garlic salt for seasoning. I use a strong dose of hickory and let them ride 4-6 hours until tender. I sometimes cook BB pork ribs or a small slab of spareribs at the same time and they usually finish within a half hour of one another.

I do not foil and do not turn them. I just let the fire do it's thing.

Back