Beef Ribs

Keith Wilson

TVWBB Fan
Decided to do a High Heat Beef Rib cook (my Wife's favorite)on a whim yesterday. Haven't done one in a while. Quick and yummy! I managed to snap a picture of one before they were all gone.
icon_biggrin.gif

They really are. I've forgotten. Very easy to make as well. Had 9 ribs for almost 5 lbs. WSM was 350-390. Took about 45 mins. Perfectly Med. Rare (took them off at about 125-127 & let 'em rest).

Just put a chimney of coals on some left over lump from a previous smoke, and a little Mequite. Took out the Water Pan, put the ribs on the bottom rack. Turned 'em once. Voila!

Looks great.

Could those also be defined as "short ribs", or am I off base? Tks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keith Wilson:
Decided to do a High Heat Beef Rib cook </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Keith,
Where did you buy them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Looks great.

Could those also be defined as "short ribs", or am I off base? Tks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I beleive they are "Short Ribs". My wife asked the butcher if we could get them un-cut. He said, "As long as we call a day ahead of time". So I'm going to try those "Fred Flintstone Ribs" next time. I've only seen the short ribs as long as I've been making them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keith Wilson:
Decided to do a High Heat Beef Rib cook </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Keith,
Where did you buy them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sudbury Farms. And the note in my log says, "Ouch!" next to the price. But, as I said, originally. We did them on a whim. I'm going to start keeping my eyes out for them elsewhere.

Here they are in all their glory.

Originally posted by Keith Wilson:
[
Sudbury Farms.
I go to Sudbury Farms sometimes. I go to the Sudbury location. They can be very pricey. They do have tri tips on sale every so often. The next time I am there, I'll check out the beef ribs. I know their meat dept will fill any special request order, but I don't feel like paying top dollar for beef ribs. I do thank you for the tip

Of course, you could alway buy a rib roast and cut off the slab yourself. You'd have all of that prime rib to deal with, but hey, sometimes you just have to take one for the team.
icon_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure (with a little investigation) I could find them in Slabs (just like Pork ribs). There are several options for me around here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
Originally posted by Keith Wilson:
[
Sudbury Farms. They do have tri tips on sale every so often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say that. I never heard of a Tri-Tip until going on this board so, I asked S.F. if they had them. They told me, "Yes." So, I planned my first. Well, long story short I had to go to their Parent company's store Roche Bros. for it. Came out great though.

Here a couple from that one.

Back