Beef cheeks

Terry - bbqking

TVWBB Fan
If you want tender succulent beef you e got to try out beef cheeks. I had a beef cheek taco from a local place here in Phoenix, and was amazed at how good it was. Decided to try them myself. They are a pain in the rear to trim up..but well worth it. We made tacos and I have to say one of the best things I’ve done on my EX6!36F861C0-74A4-45CA-B5ED-13B1872B5261.jpegB44BB32C-6A58-408D-B704-2E5F5097AEC4.jpeg8DDA4217-ECCD-4CC0-8DF8-7C210E16F4E1.jpeg5FC70E4D-F201-4F6C-9628-EA4E6B7115DB.jpeg529CD9D7-52B2-4C69-9975-0206A906735F.jpeg8F234AA6-FB63-4A8C-8AFA-4BD0FA43A4C9.jpeg

Looks grand! I love barbacoa! There used to be a place about half an hour away that had the most succulent beef cheeks I’ve ever been lucky enough to enjoy.
Sadly, they went out of business last summer. I loved their “Barbacoa Torta” a beautiful roll, avocado, lettuce, salsa. Heaven on a bun!

Looks fantastic! I've seen this served on some of the food shows but don't have anywhere around here that does them and can't convince the family to let me cook it. This and oxtail are two things I really want to try.

I though this was a taco served with pineapple, onion and cilantro......maybe I have it mixed up with another taco..???
Either way, looks good and Russ go for that oxtail. The MRS a.k.a. warden of the house was petrified but I went and made an oxtail soup anyways. Now there is a lot of flavour.....fat....richness whatever you want to call it in this soup. Also lots of bone and its hard to get it all out if you tried. I served it with the bones and everything, you just pick them out as you go but it sure is tasty.......Especially this time of year and the oxtail isn't a real high priced item so the soup is easy on the wallet.

I ref an adult spanish soccer league and they set up a food stand and sale tacos and other amazing food. They always serve beef cheek or beef tong, both are out of this world. I have never attempt cooking either at home, may have to change that.

I though this was a taco served with pineapple, onion and cilantro......maybe I have it mixed up with another taco..???
Either way, looks good and Russ go for that oxtail. The MRS a.k.a. warden of the house was petrified but I went and made an oxtail soup anyways. Now there is a lot of flavour.....fat....richness whatever you want to call it in this soup. Also lots of bone and its hard to get it all out if you tried. I served it with the bones and everything, you just pick them out as you go but it sure is tasty.......Especially this time of year and the oxtail isn't a real high priced item so the soup is easy on the wallet.
Well when I had it from the taco place it had cilantro, and probably some onion. Definitely did not have pineapple. Anyways, as a gringo, I just did it my way...it was still excellent. I got mine from fry’s, Kroger.

I could be wrong but I swear when I use to order this from this authentic Mexican place around here it would be served in the taco with the beef and tiny pieces of pineapple that was cooked with something else along with raw white onion pieces and cilantro......I sure did eat a lot of those. The only way I can get my hands on meat like that is if it is special order from my butcher. I haven't bothered but your pics make me want to start trying harder. Taco's for dinner tonight at my place, the third time since Saturday, just a standard thin sliced chicken breast I smoked on Tuesday with lots of veg and hot peppers fried up.

Your think al pastor tacos, they have the pineapple. So good

Timothy (not TFL) posted a cook he did for Beef Cheek Tacos a couple years back. I knew I had to give it a try so I bought the meat and like so many other things I never got to it. Stumbled across the meat the other day. They look and sound delicious, as do yours Terry. Will try and get on that cook soon.

You’re right Cliff, it wasn’t me, I just might need to do a little snooping around and see if I can find some! When warmer weather comes, and my wife wants to get out in some sun, I will make a stop at a couple of places that might be good for finding some.

Back