beef brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I finally found a place in the SF Bay Area that carry untrimmed brisket @$1.19/lb. Also, pork buttt is 99c/lb. I think these are pretty good prices. The store is called Smart&Final and they are basically a cash and carry outfit.
Anyway, a 15lb brisket is way too much to cook in one sitting for my family. Does anyone see any wrong in cutting it into three 5lb pieces and smoking just one 5lb piece? I will be adding chicken and ribs to the cooker.

Sorry for asking a question that has been answered on previous threads. I should have looked first.

Roy,
This is excellent news for me. I live in SF and have trouble finding briskets. Pork Butts I can get at Costco. But not briskets. So....
2 questions...
1) Which Smart and Final? Daily City? Where?
2) Which earlier thread?.. I'd love to read it.
Thanks.
Henry Joe Peterson
San Francisco

Henry Joe,

1) Smart and Final in San Mateo nr Hwy 101& 92 overpass. Also, Smart and Final in Redwood City. Actually, all stores should be carrying untrimmed meats in a special cooler. Just call tyour nearest one. They'll special order; it comes in a cryovac. Incidentally, not all Costco's carry pork shoulders.
20 I was referring to the brisket threads in the beginners forum . The home page also offers a link to a section on how to do a brisket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back