BBRibs YUM YUM SEASONING

Status
Not open for further replies.
First i must apologize for no pics..i have yet to post any....there must be three digi cameras around this house and now they cant find any...

I must say thanks to chris and everyone here for all the support and help, i really could not have done this without you guys...

but i figure i owe it to everyone and chris to post about his recipe posting i follow...
today i went out and bought 4 racks of MONSTER beef ribs...(dont ask how much they cost) i used the rub that was posted (my family thought it was a tad bit salty) and i devieated a lil by using two chunks of oak and also two chunks of cherry...i think i could have done without the oak...but i liked the cherry..im pretty sure of that.. neways funny enough i used the exact times that chris used...put them on at 2 and took them off at 8pm...i basted them a few times with a water bottle with good apple juice......i also didnt turn them over...i pretty much just left them as is for 6 hours...
the first few hours the temp was around 200 adn then i brought it to 240 for the remainder of the cook(i had some charcoal probs)
Neways....AWSOME ribs.....really it was very very good....there are only a few left.....

thank you very much everyone....

def recomend this recipe if your short on preb time...thats what happened i wanted to use some recipes from Paul Ks book ....but i didnt have the preb time......this is a A+ recipe!!!

Mords, first no pics of the $102.00 + brisket now no pics of bronto ribs
icon_frown.gif
Bryan

Ya, the ribs were $84.00

I know, i know..i feel like going out and buying a digi camera just for the summer out here...well now i have two goals this summer...get a digi camera and make more smokes...one day bryan one day

ps..bryan pls check the post that im postin on the BBQ Rub topic..thanks

"For the summer out here"
icon_eek.gif
Mords, how long you going to be there? Bryan. Mords, check the BBQ rub post.
icon_wink.gif

i am currently with my folks in Los Angeles until the end of Aug....i live with wife en kids in Queens NY.......
man its nice out here.....

ps. i was just tellin my wife and fam that i already mapquested how long it would take me to get from queens to the jack daniels invite...hehe 15 hours...man its gona be a long haul...i dont think my wife was really into it..

icon_biggrin.gif
LoL!!!! thanks bryan...hey can ya make a bagel and lox samich on the WSM......prob could smoke the lox...ah its already smoked... how about some liver....jk.....

take care

ps i have been having a slightly difficult time managing the temp even with the guru...its been now 4 hours with all vents closed and its still at 250.....i did think i saw to much smoke coming from ontop of the bottom section.....i think the middle section is a lil misshapen...im going to try and bend it tom in the morning....no wonder why the guru coulndt bring down the bullet...mmm.....later

Mords, becareful when you go to fix the out of round condition. 1st you don't want to crack the enamel and 2nd it only takes a little push on the bigger side to make it right. I was thinking more on the lines of corned beef and cabbage. Can't wait till fall
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back