BBQGuys roll out new line of grills that ‘drastically reimagines the expectation of quality and affordability’

I think Jon's onto something with the Victory gas grills, a lot for the money-and lifetime warranty to boot! As a new gas grill it seems tough to beat.
Dave, I'm with you-too much of those darn Mannings! Daddy could never let go and lives vicariously through the kids. Eli had 2 lucky throws and got SB's but notoriety because of the name. Peyton had a great career, and is a natural born comedian though! I'm sure he's a nice guy too Larry. But, they just never go . away!

Larry, I am glad you posted about the Members Mark. I finally got to examine one of those at Sam's. Quite a bit of real 304 stainless and aluminum where it should be. LOVED the 304 stainless grates and it having 5 burners in that size grill - even if front to back. It certainly checks a lot of boxes and even looks pretty nice. My only hesitation would be parts support.

When posting this the question, I was wondering what will Weber's reaction to this increased competition be? Their bread and butter lines are under increased pressure from Napoleon, Victory, Sam's Club, and even a little bit of Broil King. These other brands have upped the warranties, features, and quality of there grills at attractive price points. Weber is still #1 with customer support and I hope they do not mess that up. Discontinuing the Spirit 2 was probably a good idea as it did catabolize Genesis sales. I would like to see them innovate the G2 line with IR, rotisserie burners, maybe even a thermostat like an oven. If charcoal and pellet grills can, why not gas? On the Summit line go to either 304 for the cook box or cast aluminum finally. I hope Weber moves forward with a real effort instead of just adding a built in meat probe and cooking apps.

Larry, I am glad you posted about the Members Mark. I finally got to examine one of those at Sam's. Quite a bit of real 304 stainless and aluminum where it should be. LOVED the 304 stainless grates and it having 5 burners in that size grill - even if front to back. It certainly checks a lot of boxes and even looks pretty nice. My only hesitation would be parts support.
My past experience with Sam's sold grills parts support had been VERY good in the past. I had one of the older stainless MM grills. Sadly cast iron burners and powder coated sheet metal in parts of the fire box were not up to the tasks. So while they were very good (through Grand Hall) at supplying parts I elected to simply return the grill to the store (AFTER the mfg warranty was over) for a full refund and bought the Summit. (We all know where that led me 0 help from Weber and 0 compensation). Whereas Sam's stood behind their own customer satisfaction guarantee. Yeah it was a little inconvenient to get that monster into my mini van, but you gotta hand it to Sam's. They refunded every penny. So if I wanted to buy a brand new grill and my choice was Sam's or Weber bet your bottom $$$ after my past experiences Sam's all the way. Especially when I see how well made the new product is. Now if Sam's ever decided to have a rotisserie burner in that thing Oh yeah!

Looks interesting. Price right now is $699 which puts it squarely in the Spirit price range. Good warranty except ignition and valves-wonder why. Of course, it all comes down to how well it cooks. If you buy on specs and features alone, it seems like a bargain.

Back