Bash Amazon all you want, but..........

Yep, I ordered some natural suppliments for my wife later in the afternoon and they were in the mailbox at 10am the next day.

IDK if things are as bad as the headlines want us to believe for those folks. Had a delivery yesterday. Oddly an older guy (not ancient like me) but I would say a late boomer. Asked him how it was going, and the like. He had no complaints. So who knows? Could it be the ones crying on the news are PIA employees to begin with? I honestly have no way to tell. But, this guy was definitely old enough to have "issues" many of us old farts get. Have to pee a lot, probably needing bathroom breaks for other things as well. Maybe the next time you get a delivery if you're outside ask the driver. I would be interested to see/hear what others say.
As for the being "unfair" the people at the top are getting lots of $$$$. And needing to "share". Wasn't this all the basic premise of Marxism in the first place? IDK, I am really torn about how I feel about the whole thing. I'm kinda in the camp that if the company is paying me a good wage to do a good job, it's really none of my business how much the person at the top makes.

I am On a rural route. And I talk to my male delivery person quite often. She routinely has more packages than she can deliver in a normal run.. And the vast Majority are Amazon.

IDK if things are as bad as the headlines want us to believe for those folks. Had a delivery yesterday. Oddly an older guy (not ancient like me) but I would say a late boomer. Asked him how it was going, and the like. He had no complaints. So who knows? Could it be the ones crying on the news are PIA employees to begin with? I honestly have no way to tell. But, this guy was definitely old enough to have "issues" many of us old farts get. Have to pee a lot, probably needing bathroom breaks for other things as well. Maybe the next time you get a delivery if you're outside ask the driver. I would be interested to see/hear what others say.
As for the being "unfair" the people at the top are getting lots of $$$$. And needing to "share". Wasn't this all the basic premise of Marxism in the first place? IDK, I am really torn about how I feel about the whole thing. I'm kinda in the camp that if the company is paying me a good wage to do a good job, it's really none of my business how much the person at the top makes.
Or perhaps posturing during an attempt to unionize?
Seems nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to work at/for Amazon.
I had several interviews with them after I retired from my former job...back in 2013. I pulled the plug after the 3rd interview...I could tell the work environment was not one I wanted to be a part of but that's just personal choice. I enjoy being a customer not an employee.

I am On a rural route. And I talk to my male delivery person quite often. She routinely has more packages than she can deliver in a normal run.. And the vast Majority are Amazon.
She delivers males to you? I'm sorry, I just don't understand.......

I can agree with you on a couple of your points. But Bezos’s net worth is over 80 billion, and the way the current tax structure is set up it is my business. And it’s not just Bezos or the other top dogs at Amazon, it is all across corporate America. When the lower tier workers have to fight and claw for a living wage, and the super rich are having their own little, albeit, expensive space race there is something definitely wrong.

I can agree with you on a couple of your points. But Bezos’s net worth is over 80 billion, and the way the current tax structure is set up it is my business. And it’s not just Bezos or the other top dogs at Amazon, it is all across corporate America. When the lower tier workers have to fight and claw for a living wage, and the super rich are having their own little, albeit, expensive space race there is something definitely wrong.
Well, that's Capitalism, isn't it? Free enterprise?

Yes it’s capitalism, yes it’s free enterprise, yes it’s even legal, but it still does not make it morally right. Just when is enough enough?
Sometimes it's not all about the money. Maybe it has to do with winning? I don't know, maybe ask Elon or Jeff or Warren or Bill. And whose morals are we to use as a yardstick here, to determine right and wrong?

You can't legislate morality.

Makes me remember when our kids were growing up and they would get in one of their endless squabbles. Many times it would end up with someone saying "Well, that's not fair!", and we as parents would say "Life's not fair. Your mom and dad try to be fair, but life isn't fair."

Life isn't fair.

Back