Bargain on a Summit Charcoal Grilling Center

Dustin Flavell

TVWBB Pro
What a week. What turned in to a couple of trips to the localish Ace store for an umbrella and a return of said umbrella I found the purchase price of a lifetime to add to my collection of Weber charcoal grills.

This Ace store Had both the SCG and SCGC back in 2016 when Weber Introduced this line. I remember the hype before and reading all the posts and other related articles just to be totally deflated and priced out of this line when the MSRP hit the news. Regardless I was stoked that this Ace store had both. Gave them both a good once over and honestly never really ever gave them another thought. Over time the SCG sold from this store but the SCGC remained. Last year I noticed it had been reduced to 1500 from the 2000 original asking price. Still to rich for my blood.

Long story short, last weekend I went to this Ace to grab a couple of sales items that my local Ace didn’t have in stock. While I was there I decided to check to see if the price had dropped and it was gone. And didn’t really give it another thought. I did check out the new Weber pellet since they had it on display even though there was 0 interest in a pellet grill. Looked nice. Went home and unboxed the umbrella I bought which ended up being torn. Bummer back to Ace. While waiting for them to grab another out back I wandered around and on an end cap near the clearance/seasonal items there it was with a big Fat Sale Tag $999!
EA381AB3-B1FE-45C8-A460-718EA714C5E9.jpeg
asked the lady at the return desk about and she light up right way. You mean that on way over there. Are you interested. Please say you are interested. That thing has been in our way for too many years. Please, please Buy it. I’ll get ... to tell you more about.

I met the associate and he was like this thing has been here for over 4 years, I know because I put it together and have to move it whenever new lines of grills come in. I said well I would hate for you guys to keep tripping over it how 900. He laughed and said if management goes that low ill buy it. Plus we are losing almost 400 bucks at this price. I agreed and didn’t want to miss out since it was fully assembled, all the parts were there and these folks did an amazing job of protecting this display model. Proud owner of the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center.
6068682D-C998-4CDF-A78F-FF32A1D54336.jpegThis
Thing is a beast. Been pouring a slab so it has a place to sit outside of the carport. Haven’t taken her for a spin yet but thinking of whole chickens for Mother’s Day just to give her a test run. I have gotten some good deals over the years but I think this one takes the cake even over the twice used Ranch Kettle for 350!

thanks for looking.

What a deal. I just had one delivered yesterday, but paid retail. There was a used one not too far from me, but ended up buying new. My wife hates the idea of buying a dirty grill someone else has used. Hoping to break it in today. I think I'd rather have your view than the grill :). Enjoy your grill.

Sweet deal! Congratulations.

A few years ago when the Genesis gasser was about to have a model change, Lowes had the old one (which I preferred) in natural gas (also preferred) on the floor during winter. It was marked down PLUS all grills were $100 off that day, and when I hem hawed and mentioned that this would soon be the "old model" the manager offered another 20% or so off. I can't recall the details, but I got it for a little over $400.

It makes it that much more enjoyable every time you use it.

Please report back after you get some cooks with that big rig.

Congrats on your new grill at a fantastic price, looking forward to seeing what you cook on this and how much you like the way it handles.

Thanks folks. Finally last night I got to cook on it. Did 3 game hens. What a nice cooker! The two levels for the charcoal grate is going to be super handy. For this cook I set it at the low setting and placed the diffuser plate over the top. I set the vents to get the temp to about 400. Once everything was set it maintained that temperature the whole time without any adjustments. Even lifting the lid to baste the birds.

Had a ton of coals left after the cook. Birds turned out great. I can see this becoming my primary cooker really really easily. So many options. My poor 26 mini ranch might lose its spot on the deck because I can see it get used very little now. The 22 WSM might not get any use after cooking on the SCGC.

I’ll try and remember pictures next time. I’ve been on this site a long time and it’s hard to get used to the fact that we can up load pictures.

@Ryan Burke thanks for the advice. I’ll be checking baby back manic this weekend.

@Ralph Meyer the views on the ranch are stunning. If you Flickr search Dustin Flavell under people and check the place out.

Wow! I'm super jealous. I've been looking for deals around me the last four years to no avail. I would have been all over that deal. Congrats!

Thanks folks. Finally last night I got to cook on it. Did 3 game hens. What a nice cooker! The two levels for the charcoal grate is going to be super handy. For this cook I set it at the low setting and placed the diffuser plate over the top. I set the vents to get the temp to about 400. Once everything was set it maintained that temperature the whole time without any adjustments. Even lifting the lid to baste the birds.

Had a ton of coals left after the cook. Birds turned out great. I can see this becoming my primary cooker really really easily. So many options. My poor 26 mini ranch might lose its spot on the deck because I can see it get used very little now. The 22 WSM might not get any use after cooking on the SCGC.

I’ll try and remember pictures next time. I’ve been on this site a long time and it’s hard to get used to the fact that we can up load pictures.

@Ryan Burke thanks for the advice. I’ll be checking baby back manic this weekend.

@Ralph Meyer the views on the ranch are stunning. If you Flickr search Dustin Flavell under people and check the place out.
Your mini ranch 26” is amazing. Wish my 26” had that frame!

Back