Bar-B-Kettle repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
A couple of years ago I picked up a well-used 18" Bar-B-Kettle and it's served me well, but now the bowl has rusted through where one of the leg pocket welds is. Has anyone ever repaired this kind of damage? If so, what was involved? Ideally some sort of epoxy putty would be the way to go but there's always the concern about fumes.

I've also noticed that the inside of the bowl is also showing some pockmarks (for lack of a better term) that correspond with the other leg pocket welds, and wouldn't mind touching them up either.

Thanks!

Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
It's been done before:
http://gardencentral.org/illin...omingdaleeventflyer/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THAT IS A CRIME!!!
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
might be time to get a cheap one on craigs list and use the old one as a planter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, been watching CL but no luck so far. The rust hole is really pretty small so I don't think it's planter material just yet, but I'll need to be creative. My brother welds so I might have him take a look at it sometime.

The flip side is that the bowl is surprisingly still available from Weber for about $60 shipped, and that might wind up being the way I go.

Brad

Thanks, Jim. I'll contact the seller for more info.

Too bad it wasn't listed a week ago as I was at Miller Park on Saturday.

Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Olson:
Ideally some sort of epoxy putty would be the way to go but there's always the concern about fumes.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Look at a product called JB Weld.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
might be time to get a cheap one on craigs list and use the old one as a planter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Look folks, you gota' clean your grill out when using herbs and spices.
Lindas_Weber_Grill_Planter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back