Baked Potatos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Provance

TVWBB Super Fan
Any one ever tried smoking baked potatos on WSM while doing a low n slow? Tried searching for it, but found nothing. Wondering if it would enhance the flavor? Guess you would have to use foil on them or it would dry them out. Don't want to try to crank up the heat when I am doing it. Want to try it towards the last few hours of doing a butt Minion Method. The better half Loves stuffed Taters. Might get me in good for a day or two. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Mike

Yes, I've done that. I rinse them off real good, and keep them rather moist before wrapping them in foil. I usually put them on for the last 3 hours or so of a low and slow smoke. I have used small russets and medium sized white potatoes. They turn out great.

The smoke will discolor the foil, but the potato will not get a smoke taste. Somehow, I think the smoke flavor is best left to the meat.

How about slow for an hr or so and finish in the micro?
As for smoked spuds: Salt, pepper, some butter and chedder grated on the top sounds pretty tasty. Might have to try that.

I cooked my for about 5 to 6 hours along with the ribs. Camed out great. I used the jumbo potatos wraped in foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back