Bah, aftermarket igniter lasted less than 18 months.

The dart that’s stamped into the rear surface to make a charge concentrator might also be a little tricky in a homebrew setup.
True, but how important is that little thing in the long run anyway? We've all seen collector boxes almost completely rotted away that still lit the grill on the first push of the button.

True, but how important is that little thing in the long run anyway? We've all seen collector boxes almost completely rotted away that still lit the grill on the first push of the button.
I mean they put it there for a reason…

By the time the metal gets burned away to the point where the dart is affected, it’s not like there’s anything left to function as a collector.

Bruce, I have one of these vise mount bending brakes that I got on sale for $15. It works well for small jobs like that igniter box. Harbour Freight might have them.

That looks really cool. $43 is a little steep but I would pick that up for under $20 in a heart beat. I did post this on fixing those collector boxes and that little break would have been nice instead of a hammer and vise.
1663014434863.png

That looks really cool. $43 is a little steep but I would pick that up for under $20 in a heart beat. I did post this on fixing those collector boxes and that little break would have been nice instead of a hammer and vise.
View attachment 59321
Joe, I am sure you can find them cheaper than $43 on Amazon. The regular price here is $30 Cdn and I got it on a 50% off sale for $15. You can get them for 4”, 5” and 6” vices. The price goes up with the size.

For those here in Canada, I got mine at Princess Auto.

Well, FWIW, I have the ceramic style igniter. I got the metal box with the new kit, but used the old one with the other new stuff.

Back