Bad Firebox

Jeff Canto

TVWBB Member
This was a first for me. Picked up what I thought was a really nice green Genesis yesterday. As I’m disassembling I realize the firebox is warped. The middle burner was rusted out at the end and must have just shot flame straight onto the box causing a bubble. Oh well it’s a parts grill now. The lid is in great shape and I needed a shelf for another grill so that worked out as well. I don’t think this grill was ever cleaned. I’ve never seen one this bad.

Attachments

• 0777380D-2E0F-410F-8550-17F042D08CCF.jpeg
    0777380D-2E0F-410F-8550-17F042D08CCF.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 26
  • ECD0020A-B2AA-43D0-8684-D7ADBD57A0F3.jpeg
    ECD0020A-B2AA-43D0-8684-D7ADBD57A0F3.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 25
Jeff, that bulge doesn't make the cook box unusable necessarily. If it doesn't hinder performance or fitment or anything, it should be good to do.

Jeff, that bulge doesn't make the cook box unusable necessarily. If it doesn't hinder performance or fitment or anything, it should be good to do.
Bruce I haven’t been doing this long so I’m not great at making sure I’m getting a good deal. But holy cow. Thank goodness the green lid is in excellent shape. Because the rest is garbage. The pin that holds the lid on was frozen solid in the end cap. Broke the firebox more trying to get it free. The bolt holding the box in was just as bad and the drip pan is trashed. I don’t think this thing was vet cleaned. Luckily I’ve got a three burner with black lid I can swap over and use the good green lid and make one usable grill. What a nightmare.

Back