Bacon Wrapped Rolled Stuffed Pork Chops

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Loin pork chops, seasoned with Penzeys Pork Chop seasoning and stuffed with onion, provolone and sharp
cheddar cheeses and diced mushrooms. Rolled up and fastened together with bacon.
DSC_6985.jpg

Chops put onto my new Weber Performer indirect at 350 degrees with a small chunk of peach wood.
DSC_6987.jpg

Brushed with some homemade BBQ sauce and then removed from the grill.
DSC_6990.jpg

Plated with homemade onion rings.
DSC_6997.jpg

Nice quick, simple and very delicious meal.

Thanks for looking!

It looks like the pork chops are bone-less. Have you ever tried this with a bone-in pork chop? Or because of the bone, it would never cook thru without burning the outside?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morgan C.:
...and home made onion rings to boot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My thought too. Yum!

Great idea and execution. Did you pound out the chops before stuffing and rolling?

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Al: I don't really think it would work bone-in since they have to be rolled. Don: Yes, flattened them to about 1/8 inch thick. May try a little flatter next time since they were still hard to roll and keep everything inside, but don't want to get them so thin that they will burn. But for good taste of these, a little work was worth it.
icon_wink.gif

Back