Bacon Wrapped, Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates

Are dates inherently sweet? I'm 110% on board with blue cheese and bacon but fruit is often a deal-breaker for me.

They are absolutely sweet, but this was for a neighbors appitizer party, so I wanted something to stand out against the quesos and wings that others would bring.

While it is a fruit, the apple smoke and bacon def helped tune it down and the sugar in the date almost caramelized

These are an AMAZING combination....I've had them a few times at a restaurant near a hotel where I always stay when I travel on some business...I get them every time I go there...it's one of those perfect combinations that just gel so well!!!

It really does gel well.

I def recommend stuffing with as much blue cheese as you can cram in there as the flavor was lost in mine. Luckily someone else brought a cheese plate yo the party with blue cheese, which I spread onto the date and it was phenomenal

So, maybe a teaspoon+ bleu cheese per date? Looks like 1/2 strip of bacon might be about right.
I would say as much blue cheese that you can squeeze in and still be able to close it.

I cut bacon into half strips, then with the back of a knife stretched it to about 3/4 strip length, this really thins the bacon to make it crispy when grilled

Sounds delicious, I think I'll try it some time. But I'm going to slide a jalapeño half inside the date with the blu cheese. For that extra kick of sweet and spicy.

Back