Bacon Explosion

Wayne M

TVWBB Member
I don't know if others here have made a similar cholestorol loaf but a new type of pork "fattie"? was described in today's Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1006454.html

And here's a step-by-step recipe(with better photos) straight from the originator's own website:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Personally, I don't think I'll try to make one as I'd like to live a few more years! (but I'd sure try it if given the opportunity!
icon_razz.gif
)

Its hillarious that all these bbqnoobs are lighting them on fire in their gassers, who'd think that bacon grease may flare up *shrug*
icon_wink.gif
Someone is going to burn something down before this craze is over!

Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat McCreight:
No cheese? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya gotta have some cheese in there!
icon_biggrin.gif

this has certainly become a craze. links were circulating like mad when the recipe was first posted, and now its coming around twice as fast with the ny times article.

I liked several aspects of the ny times article, particularly, I was interested in how there was a calculated effort to generate publicity for this website. and the quote "nothing exceeds like excess" is priceless.

how long before these guys have their own show on food network? I'll set the over/under at 90 days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:

how long before these guys have their own show on food network? I'll set the over/under at 90 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll say over; but it won't be by much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne M:
I don't know if others here have made a similar cholestorol loaf but a new type of pork "fattie"? was described in today's Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1006454.html

And here's a step-by-step recipe(with better photos) straight from the originator's own website:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Personally, I don't think I'll try to make one as I'd like to live a few more years! (but I'd sure try it if given the opportunity!
icon_razz.gif
) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wayne,

This is actually old news. Your K.C. neighbors may be better promoters, but I serve a better product.

p1020394editedho0.jpg

Redneck Sushi actually got its start right here at TVWBB.

Jim

Sorry about that JRPfeff - I missed the thread you referenced from December. And your right, it appears my KC neighbors are better promoters.

With the additional ingredients your does look tastier. How long did it take you to eat that lovely porkloaf? Any adverse side effects?

But the name "Redneck Sushi" - to me just doesn't do it justice. As a diehard pork lover, any mention of bacon gets me feeling like Homer Simpson
icon_wink.gif
, therefore, my vote for best name would go to Bacon Explosion. Plus there's a potential double entendre with the possibility of explosions either while cooking or post-consumption!
icon_eek.gif

Finally, just who did invent this thing anyway?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne M:
Sorry about that JRPfeff - I missed the thread you referenced from December. And your right, it appears my KC neighbors are better promoters.

With the additional ingredients your does look tastier. How long did it take you to eat that lovely porkloaf? Any adverse side effects?

But the name "Redneck Sushi" - to me just doesn't do it justice. As a diehard pork lover, any mention of bacon gets me feeling like Homer Simpson
icon_wink.gif
, therefore, my vote for best name would go to Bacon Explosion. Plus there's a potential double entendre with the possibility of explosions either while cooking or post-consumption!
icon_eek.gif

Finally, just who did invent this thing anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wayne,

I think the answer to that last question is that no one person invented the bacon wrapped fattie. It was a divine inspiration that simultaneously struck many of us.

I split my original creation up between me and my boys. It was gone in a couple days. None of us OD'd on pork fat.

I bought some Italian sausage today and will attempt a Bacon Explosion on Super Bowl Sunday.

Jim

I didnt want to start a new thread for this, and I realize it's no where near a bacon explosion, but I picked up a few logs of Farmland pork and bacon sasuage rolls the other day. I just grabbed a couple out to thaw for sometime this weekend. Has anyone tried these?

Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon A:
I didnt want to start a new thread for this, and I realize it's no where near a bacon explosion, but I picked up a few logs of Farmland pork and bacon sasuage rolls the other day. I just grabbed a couple out to thaw for sometime this weekend. Has anyone tried these?

Brandon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've used that sausage on boy scout campouts for biscuits and gravy. I think it taste more like bacon than sausage, probably wouldn't be as good in a recipe like bacon explosion, too much bacon flavor, not enough sausage.

Back