Back in the day...

Tony, i'll dig into those dogs anyday! And you made'm look GOURMET! Touché!
icon14.png

showing my age but i eat dogs and burgers with white sliced bread.

That's funny , there was a little diner near my work in the '70's if you ordered your burger"the old way" they would give it to you on white bread.....and we always got them that way!

Keeping it real man! I remember being married and broke, living in a one bedroom and grilling one a little Smokey Joe... Thanks for the post! All you are missing is some cheap liquor store wine with the Kool-Aid!

Actually back in the day I would drink 32oz or 40 oz since it was cheap beer in a liquor store where they would not ask for ID

well, to me that looks exactly like comfort food. showing my age but i eat dogs and burgers with white sliced bread. coolaid, how i have missed you.

My mom just to make me pan fried burgers on sliced bread. I would want burger bread and she would tell me your crazy its the same thing!!!!

Actually back in the day I would drink 32oz or 40 oz since it was cheap beer in a liquor store where they would not ask for ID

40 Oz. Old English, St. Ides, Mickeys... Man I tried to drink one a few months a go, for old times sake - I couldn't even drink 1/4 of it... The things you do when you are young, dumb, and broke...

40 Oz. Old English, St. Ides, Mickeys... Man I tried to drink one a few months a go, for old times sake - I couldn't even drink 1/4 of it... The things you do when you are young, dumb, and broke...

Yeah, I tried a Mickeys a few years ago and it was not what I remembered. You don't even have to slice your fingers anymore.

Me too! I read an article somewhere that ranked hot dogs and Bar-S came out on top, at least the all beef version. I promise you that doesn't apply to their turkey dogs.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/food-how-to/grocery-shopping-tips/taste-test-the-best-hot-dogs

I recently had tortillas but no hot dog buns so served the grilled dogs on the tortillas. Very different but good, with onions, mustard, and chili.

Ray

I recently had tortillas but no hot dog buns so served the grilled dogs on the tortillas. Very different but good, with onions, mustard, and chili.

Ray

Never made them like that but will try it soon. When I want a quick snack I will get tortilla and hot dog with hot sauce.

Back