Babyback 3-2-1?

Harry has a recipe for baby back in which he cooks 3 slabs for about 2.5 hours, then foils and cooks for just 1 hour. At that point, he starts checking for tenderness. If not tender, he closes the foil and cooks 10 more minutes, repeating until tender. Then he removes them and sauces them.

Regards,
Chris

3-2-1 is much too long for BBs. I cook BBs like spares, but reduce the time by about 1-1.5 hrs.

I realize that this is not new info, but I definitely agree with Lew. I cook BB with the same technique as 3-2-1 but adjust the time so BB cooks a shorter time.

I have done them a few times 2-1-1+ at 225*. I really start checking about halfway through the last 1. I did do 2-2-1 a few times too and they they were good too, but they were a little too tender if that is possible.

I do them 90 min, 30 min, 30 min but I use higher heat. First 90 min on the smoker I just let the heat go up with all vents open. Usually starts around 200 and gets up to around 300. I then foil them and put them in the oven at 350 for 30 min. I then put them back on the smoker for 30 min at around 250. Usually tender but definitely not falling off the bone.

Back