Baby backs

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
I wanted to give loin back ribs a try since I have only done spares to this point. I wanted to cook them high heat as I have seen others discuss here. I ran with an empty water pan and about 40 lit on a Minion start. Temp hit 325 within 20 minutes of assembly and putting meat on. It stayed rock solid with only one vent adjustment after that. I started testing for tender at about 1.5 hour mark and it was another before 15 minutes the pobe started to feel right, so I suaced at that point and let them run for another 10 minutes before pulling them off.

They came out great from a tenderness standpoint though I was not thrilled with the rub. I used rendezvous rub recipe I found on Stogie's site. It's supposed to be for dry ribs but I elected to sauce anyway, perhaps that was my mistake. I want a rub that compliments the pork flavor but does not necessarly stand out on its own. Oh well that's why God gave us weekends...more experimentation!

Here is a link to pics of the cook...
http://www.facebook.com/album....012747&id=1053019277

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Pedu:
Maybe it's just me. But with high heat BB's I have rarely gone more than 2 hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right sir, I had my cooking log mixed up with a different one. I edited with the proper times. It was a long day of yard work and BBQ, plus maybe the Warsteiner had something to do with the mix-up as well....;-)

Back