Baby Backs, price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris K

TVWBB Super Fan
At Sams getting pork butt tuesday and backs were 4.50/pound. Went back last night to get buns and chips and they had droped to 3.70/pound. Had to take home 6 racks...for no reason. Dont know if it a local or nationwide thing. Oh if your wondering trimmed and rubbed the butts last night and will start them tonight around 8 or so.

I'm guessing it has to dowwith supply and demand as the "Summer " grilling season winds sown.

Yesterday I bought a case of 8 IBP butts (60lb) for 1.02/lb

and a case of chickens for 33.65 (also 60lb)

the price of buts has droped by almost 1/3 since June as I last bought them for 1.43 then 1.26 at case prices.

Even the beef prices have been moderating as they had PRIME ribeye roasts for around 6.00/lb

That makes sence. I think I paid 1.15/lb for the butts. maybe i will need to get some more ribs and stick em in the freezer. I have a chest freezer sititng 60% empty.

If I hadn't recently bought a case of St Louis spares when Food Lion had them on sale, I would have jumped all over the $2.99/lb. baby backs at Costco. I could not believe my eyes.

I may have to go back and get some anyway. Can't figure out how to hide those buggers in the freezer though.

have one wonderful meat market in my area. ususally their prices are as good or better than the grocery. today... baby backs...6.99...

i didn't buy any
icon_confused.gif

Matthews Lowes grand opening had Gwaltney baby backs with lots of extra meat on the outside of the ribs $2.69/lb. Yes, they cooked great

I know this isn't pork but I picked up Perdue Oven Stufffer Roaster chicken for $.79 a pound yesterday. I'm BBQing 5 right now.

Maybe Tom's right about it being an end of summer thing. They usualy go for about $1.80 in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back