Baby Backs (LIVE)

I haven't been cooking as much therefor not posting either, more so drooling over everybody's cooks :( but today I will be doing a slab of Baby Backs live.

Will be posting pictures through out the day.

They will not be as good as Lampe, or Enrico's or any other experts we have on this bored, but it will be fun :)

I plan to get them on around 2PM (EST) on my 22 WSM. Will post details of the cook as we go so stay tuned!

And...I hope everyone is enjoying the weather in their neighborhood.

Down here in Florida, is a very chilly 65 here today so I have to get out my sweatshirt, gloves and turn on my heater! :)

Off to the store to get my supplies!! Enjoy your day everybody!

:wsm22:

So I have removed the membrane and rubbed down with Jack Daniels Pork Rub.

Waiting for the chimney to finish and will go on using Kingsford Original charcoal and Western Apple wood for smoke.

Will be spraying with water after the first hour, and into foil with just water after 2 hours.

Stay tuned....

Thanks,
Austin

While the BB's were resting and the chimney was being lit, I decided to also make some wings...hey why not?

Here are some with Weber Kickin-Chicken which will later be sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's Sriracha Wing glazed. I did these a couple of weeks ago and turned out to be a crowd pleaser.

Here are some Teriyaki for my daughter

Finally, the BB's are on the smoker at 2:35PM

Will check back in 1 hour to spray and keep y'all in the loop!!

Happy Friday!

Thanks,
Austin

At 3:35 PM (sorry my phone camera its really bad) -- spritzed with water only

After reading the post a few days ago about foiling or not, I am still undecided if I am going to foil or just let them run and continue with the spritz.

If I continue with the spritz, I most likely will be spritzing every 30 minutes.

I'll check back in 1 hour and maybe I'll have a decision.

Thanks for looking!!

Expert???
No Austin, only a good photographer!
Baby back are really meatyer than spare so you can go w/o foil.
IMO there should be some sort of ratio between bark and meat.
W/O foil this ratio goes wrond (for my taste) in favour of bark

Ha! I see now, you just do the photography and the meat just cooks itself. I need to try your method next time :)

I have decided to not go with the foil, and just spritz every 30 minutes until these bad boys are done!

Next update in 20 minutes.... :)

It would be a lonely place if only Jim or Enrico posted. That's why the rest of us post - to keep 'em company! How did the bones and wings turn out, Austin? You were off to a great start.

Well back to my camera issues, it was dark and I lost track of time...maybe adult beverages were the cause:)

Total cook time was 5 hours around 250.

These were by far the best I have done. No foil, and just spritzed with water and sauced with Stubbs Sweet Heat on 1 half and Kraft brown sugar on the other half.

Perfect pull and sliced on so nice.

Sorry for the delay :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-Austin

Back