Baby Back Ribs and Beans 9/16/12

Dennis C

TVWBB Fan
Made some Baby Back Ribs today on the WSM. I used Apple and Cherry wood. Started at 1:30pm and was eating dinner by 6:00 PM Temp was around 227-238 the entire time. It was a tad windy so the temp jumped around a little bit. I used some Big Rons Hint of Houston rub. I added a little bit more Brown sugar to the mix (Not much at all and probably not needed.) With 30 minutes left I put some Bone Suckin' Sauce on two of the slabs and let it go for 30 min.

The beans were great. I used some apple wood bacon. Ketchup, Molasses, Brown sugar, mustard powder, onions, pepper, and great northern beans. Halfway through the crockpot cook on it I dumped 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the Bon Suckin' Sauce. I've made these a few times and everyone loves them so i didn't want to change it up.

Also served it with cole slaw but I bought that locally. Homemade and far better then anything I have ever bought or made.

Everyone loved everything, and everyone was full. The ribs went great with the keg of Brooklyn Post road pumpkin ale I had on tap.

Ribs01.jpg

Ribs02.jpg

Beands02.jpg

Beans.jpg

Ribs02.jpg

That's the money shot right there. I am on my way to the freezer to take out some ribs for dinner

nicely done! i wish i was having ribs and bbq beans for dinner! only 3pm here and those pics made my stomach growl with hunger!

Back