Baby Back Ribs - 2-2-1 method

Michael Hermanek

TVWBB Member
It has been a year or two since I tried last but I am currently doing some Baby Backs (I guess more technically speaking they are loin backs since they are over 2 lbs (approx. 2.25 lbs). I am trying the 2-2-1 method for britu rubbed ribs. The temp is at around 250C right now. I really looking for "fall off the bone" ribs and I am hoping that foiling will do the trick (based on what I read it should).

Wish me luck!

I am happy to report that they indeed fell off the bone and a got a very positive report from the family (one of my son's said that these were the best ribs in the world!). Success!!

You were smoking at 250* celsius? That's like 482* fahrenheit. Did you mean you were smoking at 250* fahrenheit? If not, then that is what I called a high heat cook.

I saw the C for celsius, but then saw you were from Michigan, not Canada or anywhere outside of the US.

Holy smoke Jack, your right! 250 C would definitely be a high heat indeed. My job has me express everything in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit....I guess a little too much pork on the brain
icon_smile.gif

Back