Awesome face shield.....

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
I will make this a quicky......just a heads up I purchased this face shield on Amazon ( currently unavailable :) ) and I finally got to use it today. Wow....it was really really good and worth the few extra bucks for the quality. The adjustable head band thing is extremely comfortable.....the flip up mech is very good.......the show stopper is how friggin clear the shield is......there is zero distortion and u literally do not know you have a shield on. Here is the link....i hope
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00B62BDDY/tvwb-20

The one I bought is out of stock but it looks like they sell a few varieties that are similar. As I recall I dropped a $50 spot on this bad boy but I figured after our safety chat my eyes were worth it. The face shield really wraps around your face as well which kept my face clean from grill paint dust. I wore a mask over my mouth and nose as well. Now this shield will not stop a cutting wheel.....but it will most certainly stop wires from a cup brush.

2 thumbs up!!!!!face shield.jpgface shield.jpg

Last edited:
Im tellin ya.....I didnt post any results about it until I tried it. My previous shield was basically just a dust shield....very simple plastic w scratches all over it. This shield was such a pleasure to wear that I wanted to shout from the mountain tops about it. Just like my silver B green topper....love that thing too!
I have zero zip zippy affiliation with this shield company.....and I never put my stamp on anything that doesnt perform beyond my expectations. There are very few products that I have come across in my life that are game changers.
Magic erasers
Dyson stick vacuum for quick clean ups
Plexus plastic cleaner
Steel wool and a razor blade :)
Oakley Flack Jacket and bottle rocket sunglasses
Lexus.....any of them
Weber grills
Sketcher shoes
303 Aerospace
Ryobi battery powered air compressor gun thing....so darn handy

For some reason I just felt the need to list some of the game changers that have made my life easier......that would be an awesome thread.....should we start one? I would love to learn a few more game changers

Jim, so what you are telling me is that I really need to invest another $50 in my rehabbing practice....
I feel like I should, but I don't want to give up $50.
t0sG1c6.jpg

I can help u there.......what do u currently wear for face and eye protection? You saw the pic of what was left of my 3" Harbor Freight brush cup when I was done........I had metal bouncing off of my shield with no concern whatsoever ....My arms were covered in paint dust due to the fresh paint I was stripping off in addition to the oem finish. I wish I had worn long sleeves but too late before I figured that out. I used a Dr's style light weight mask and my super duper face mask and I felt invincible. My last point is that this face shield will be used not just for grill rehabs but for any tinkering I get myself into. Maybe I am under a car..... or weed whacking.......or using a chain saw.......or cutting a piece of metal with my recip saw...........this shield will get years of use and if it saves my eyes just once.....which it already has....then dot dot dot......it will pay for itself.

Yes.....but I am trying to talk you in circles so u have no idea whats happening and when u start feeling vertigo you will just put the shield in your virtual shopping cart and hit buy now!!! You wont even know u did it......and u will be thanking me later.....I will be waiting.

I am very interested as well. Have to wait until I move. So, does this setup give you less problems with fogging up? All the safety goggles I have are miserable to use, especially in my current Florida hot, humid air.

I wore it again today......Now the temp here is still just in the 70's but im tellin ya......the only reason I knew I had it on was that I was getting a little warm for some reason.....and I am like....ohhhh why am I still wearing this thing? I had finished wire wheeling 15min prior........zero fog............................zero fog..............................zero zero zero.....
I was looking to see how to remove the welding tinted flip down thing today because I will never use it. Although that said I guess it could give me double the eye protection for some scary jobs. Its funny with my old cheapo I would just toss it in a tub when I was done.....but with this $50 shield I treat it like a Rolex. I cant wait until someone else buys it to double validate how nice it is.
Now I am saying this because I have never owned a quality shield....maybe some of u guys already own a quality shield...I am not sure how it would compare to that......but it is comfortable....does not fog....wraps around the face.....and might even protect my face :)

Jim,
I had been looking at the model on Amazon from the same company but without the tinted welding shield. Your good success makes me more likely to buy.

I have been using safety goggles for grinding. Good eye protection, but not the rest of your face and the fog problem makes them almost unusable. I am ready for something better as soon as I get moved and situated.

Jon, check the anti-fog capability of the Sellstrom face shield that doesn't have the tinted welding sheild on it. I didn't see where it claimed "anti-fog".

Hmmmmm ya u def want the anti fog......And having your whole face covered is really nice. I had paint dust all up my arms and some on my neck but my pretty face was clean as a whistle....another key was the Dr's mask I was using under the shield. These days I have plenty of the disposable masks laying around.

OK, question with painting. So, you had paint on your arms and neck. That means you likely got it on the face shield as well. Does that come off pretty easily?

Great question.........I wasnt painting I was wire wheelin and got all the paint dust all over me. I looked at the shield today and there is a thin coat of dust on it. I will be very careful when I clean the shield....I will use a slippery soapy mild cleaner and a micro fiber towel and let u know how it works out.
If I got paint on it I might ( call me crazy ) use wd 40 to remove the paint. I have found wd40 to be an excellent release agent.

Seems like the cheap harbor Freight plastic shield would be better suited for painting. I have just used a mask, but adding that might be a good precaution. I think I would save this nice model for grinding or other dust and debris work. That will wash off if done carefully as you suggest.

agreed.......I wouldnt even think of wearing my super shield when painting.........the only thing about the el cheapo is it might fog up. I know there are a lot of anti fog sprays out there but dont know which one works.

50-60 bucks for the shield is certainly less expensive than your eyesight! If I were going to be grinding away on anything I’d do that in a New York minute!

Back