Average Used/Restored Grill Prices - Valuations Guide

Well, if I put rub on them and do them low and slow, do you think they will turn out acceptable?
No they'll just dry out. Pork Loin = Chicken Breast (boneless skinless). Treat them like that
+1 to what Larry said.

I cut pork loins thin and bread them and roast them in the oven ( or on the grill indirect ) at 375 until they are 140F internal

I'll post a pic of the recipe I have. It's easy. Panko, Parm Cheese and some spices like granulated garlic, pepper, salt...

Bruce, This is the starting point of the recipe I use. I make this with pork loins that I cut about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. For the ones you have, maybe butterfly them so they are a bit larger, or slice them thinly

I substitute EVOO for the garlic grapeseed oil
I don't have Wildtree brand Garlic Pepper
- substitute a lot of granulated garlic mixed with the panko
- and add a lot of ground black pepper
I'll cheat sometimes and use store bought parmesan

If I do this on the grill I roast them raised up from the heat with a griddle or something below, or I'll do them in the oven.

20230803_181258.jpg

Thanks guys. I have them in the freezer right now. I have a big sirloin as my next grill meat. But, I will get to the fake, fake ribs soon enough.

But now I want to grab a pork butt shoulder roast to get some real CSR's.

Okay then...... It looks like this thread has been totally derailed.....

I'm out.
Tell Brian to find me....

Awe F it.... I'll just contact him on CL.

Last edited:
The seller is a member here and likely didn't appreciate folks here
clowning on him for his post. Brian is very crafty and does some
amazing work. He is also one of the most helpful guys you will
ever come across on the grill pages.
I thought I'd let you know --- Brian swung by today - he was excited to give the plum wood a try!!! He was even gracious enough to bring me two oak barrel staves - one burgundy and one charred bourbon! We had a good chat --- what a great guy!!!!! I didn't realize he was(is) an award winning BBQ guy with a long history in the art ---- I was definitely out of my league - but eager to soak in everything he was telling me. He had a good chuckle at these posts --- said he was getting texts and emails about it - he really didn't care too much about it at all other than it made him laff. We are going to keep in touch - I'm hoping I can learn from a master. He's already planting the 'you need this and that (as far as grills)' bug in me ..... he's going to be a blessing and a curse.

Summit S470 purchased in 2020, any clues what I should list it as price wise? I'll likely be selling it very soon but grill prices are all over the place where I am (Capital Region in NY)

You will probably get better opinions if you post up some photos... Show some photos of the inside of the cook box, particularly where the burners come through into the cook box. THat is a soft spot for these grills are usually a determining factor of their value.

You will probably get better opinions if you post up some photos... Show some photos of the inside of the cook box, particularly where the burners come through into the cook box. THat is a soft spot for these grills are usually a determining factor of their value.
Makes sense, only a few years old so the condition is still really good.

Back