AUBER CONTROLLER FOR WSM

20120705_191230.jpg

One hour into my cook. No water, no clay, set point 225. So far the temp swing is 233 to 208. Bottom vents 100% closed, top vent 50%. at 210, the blower kicked on and didnt shut off, temp still dropped 2. Right now Im on the upswing.

I tested the probes in boiling water.
732 read 214 quickly
Auber read 210 and it took awhile.

They did include a different temp probe with my Auber order. I wanted a probe that would fit thru the tube. they included ne without the gator clip.

11:38 pm 218
icon_mad.gif

11:43 pm 214
11:47 pm 217
11:53 pm 232
11:59 pm 239
12:04 am 245
12:13 am 242
12:30 am 229
12:38 am 239 closed top vent to 75%.
12:50 am 241 lowered set point to 223
4:26 am 224
7:46 am 223 meat at 180
8:55 am 234
10:17 am 255
10:50 am 222 meat at 187
11:15 am 231 meat 189, done.

Are you happy with the result and performance?

Looks like you had some temperature swings there. I would suggest trying the clay saucer, it will run tighter. I have not experienced temperature swings like that with my Auber. Did you use auto tune or just set your target temperature?

Have you done your boiling water test and applied your barometric pressure and elevation? I found that I had to tune mine down a degree or two if I remember correctly. Here is the link. I plugged in the current barometric pressure for Palm Bay from the weather channel(30.08) and the elevation that I found online, 19 feet, and it came back with a boiling point of 212. I would do a little research into this if I were you to see if the Auber or maybe your ET-732 need to be calibrated.

I have my thermapen, auber and a couple of Taylor digital thermometers. I used to use the Taylors to compare it with what the Auber was reading. After I calibrated and got to within 1 degree I stopped comparing and now I use them monitor meat temperature. I have been meaning to get a ET732, probably a x-mas gift or fathers day gift next year.

Just my .02 cents.

Auber c/s is the best. Email Suyi, they will probably send you another one. Your the first person I have encountered that has had problems. Sorry you have had such a bad experience. Aside from my prior post try the clay saucer.

This is what I did

I tested the probes in boiling water.
732 read 214 quickly
Auber read 210 and it took awhile.

They did include a different temp probe with my Auber order. I wanted a probe that would fit thru the tube. they included ne without the gator clip.

well Jerry you got your answer you got it both with water and with water.....If SUYI won't help you then ask to speak to somebody else, they should send you another unit....I think something is faulty in your system.

Yep. When starting last night. It sat at 198 for a long time with the 732 reading 230. Then the auber jump 24 degrees within seconds. boiling water test also showed the auber slow to read. Is y'alls slow like this?

No mine is not. I would take a video of the boiling water test using the auber and comparing it the 732 and email it to Suyi.

Jerry-

Did you contact Auber about your results and if so what did they tell ya. I hope they did the right thing and will replace your unit.

So far all she is doing is asking questions. My last email demanded resolution! Im tired of wasting mine and hers time. I said either replace the unit, probe, or refund. I hate to be nasty but this is getting insane. Problems is my unit is slow to read temp, that's why it's swing so much. Set point of 225, unit reading 250, blower still kicking on and off. WTH?

Back