Attn Chicagoland WSM'ers

Randy C.

TVWBB Member
The new Bloomingdale Meijer is having a Kingsford sale until 5/21. It is on the corner of Schick and Gary Roads. They are selling 2-20# bags for $5. I just bought 8 bags from there tonight and had bought 2 bags yeaterday. Where on earth am I going to put 200# of Kingsford. Oh well, a good problem to have I guess.

Randy C.

When you store the charcoal, keep it off the floor. I buy some contractor grade g-bags and put them in the bags to help keep moisture out. Charcoal in the bags keep thru the winter, in my garage, and are like new in the spring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Abrams:
When you store the charcoal, keep it off the floor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or... you can do like I do and leave it outside on the sidewalk in the rain. then you get to throw it away and buy new charcoal. nice.
icon_frown.gif

or... you can do like Steve does and keep it dry.

I think adamclyde meant that _he_ left the charcoal in the rain, not Meijer.

My experience has been that only a few places with outdoor garden departments store the charcoal there rather than inside the store. OTOH, I just may not frequent the ones that do.

Back