ATC options ~ PitmasterIQ IQ110 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit

MichaelM

TVWBB Super Fan
Is the PitmasterIQ IQ110 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit available on Amazon, a worthwhile investment? It's been around for a while. Seems easy enough to setup and dial in.

My apologies.. this should have been in the ATC forum. I don't see a delete option, so if I can be moved systemically, please do.

Never used that brand...I personally use the DigiQ with great success, especially on long overnight smokes.

Never heard of that brand.

But I'll tell you this, if your wallet affords it, get one that works through your phone over Wi-Fi.
Life is so much easier being able to check make adjustments remotely.

I use a heater meter. with servo controlled damper, and I would recommend it. it seems more complicated than it is to most people. the thing is different temperatures , different amounts of burning charcoal, actually take different tuning parameters to control well. You need to be able to adjust these tuning parameters, and blower range for best control. a heatermeter can control temperatures within half a degree for long periods, several hours. Not that that matters cuz it really doesn't....but the point is controlling well trying to cook chicken at 350 or bacon at 150 is drastically different....

That is the exact controller I have,and if I had it to do over. I would buy it again. The number one reason is it's simple.
It might not hold the temp as close as it claims. But it truly is a set it and forget it controller. If you like to tinker and make graphs and get scientific then this probably isn't for you. But if you like fast efficient and easy it flat out works like an oven dial.
I just set the knob at 250 to start out. Once things are settled in I usually turn the knob to 275 and thats about all there is to it. I never have had the temp get far enough out of range that it needed any attention (except the time i didn't plug the temp probe in) or a long brisket cook that it needs more fuel.
I have never tried to go to 350 with it,because I have a kettle for stuff like that.

Back