Are You Ready...

Dave, it's good stuff.
Master of Mixers 5 Pepper
for years and years and years, I made my own (bartended for over 20 yrs) because I NEVER found a mix good enough.
until I tried MoM.
now, I ONLY buy Master of Mixers.
Loaded, is good.
Regular, good.
if you like a bit of heat, 5 Pepper. GREAT stuff!

No professional bar-tending experience here, but I've also never found a Bloody Mary mix that I really liked. For decades I swore by making them from scratch until I picked up some of that Master of Mixes Bloody Mary 5 Pepper last weekend after you had recommended it here. Honestly, I was initially skeptical, but that stuff is amazing! Just the right amount of heat and balance. And it's very affordable too. After you get done combining all the scratch ingredients the mix is probably a little less expensive and it's much, much simpler. So thanks for the excellent tip, Jim!

One of my go-to tricks for bloody marys is taking a small container of margarita salt and mixing in some sriracha hot sauce. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and let it dry overnight, then return it to the margarita salt container, label accordingly and use it to coat the rim of bloody mary glasses.

Last edited:
No professional bar-tending experience here, but I've also never found a Bloody Mary mix that I really liked. For decades I swore by making them from scratch until I picked up some of that Master of Mixes Bloody Mary 5 Pepper last weekend after you had recommended it here. Honestly, I was initially skeptical, but that stuff is amazing! Just the right amount of heat and balance. And it's very affordable too. After you get done combining all the scratch ingredients the mix is probably a little less expensive and it's much, much simpler. So thanks for the excellent tip, Jim!

One of my go-to tricks for bloody marys is taking a small container of margarita salt and mixing in some sriracha hot sauce. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and let it dry overnight, then return it to the margarita salt container, label accordingly and use it to coat the rim of bloody mary glasses.
I am SOOOO glad to hear this:D
I thought I was alone.

Folks come over, "Whaddya want to drink?"
"HowAbouta Bloody??!!"
"OK, but I ain't mixin' it"
"Awww man.... forget it then!" "Gimme a brew"

You guys must have some fancy friends.....i tell my friends to bring their own or they can have whatever beer i am working on.....currently i have one long hammer IPA left from this weekend.

You guys must have some fancy friends.....i tell my friends to bring their own or they can have whatever beer i am working on.....currently i have one long hammer IPA left from this weekend.

Nah, but I'm very particular about the Bloody Marys and Margaritas I'll serve. And when it comes to beer, it's a quality IPA all the way.

Haven't had a Bloody Mary in years, going shopping with Barb today and will be hitting three different grocery stores. I'll see if any of our local stores have Master of Mixers Five Spice and give it a try. Most likely will be like my Baby Backs N.A.

N.A. Bloody Marys are fine with me Rich... certainly shows how WELL the mix really is.
Besides, it's not like vodka HAS a taste to it anyway.

If the grocery stores don't carry it, a nearby Total Wine will, Rich. http://www.totalwine.com/

Thanks for the link but 130 mile rt is the closest store and for some Bloody Mary mix it's just a little much. I guessed right nobody has it here, oh well second best will have to do. Although I could pick up my pork belly and go to Penzeys too and make a day of it.

Back