ApplewoodSmokePulledChicken

One way to speed up the “cool down” time of the brine is to drop a (7#) small bag of ice in the warm stuff, that is equal to one gallon of fresh water, just a suggestion. So you could make up the “hot” and put the bag of ice in the bucket and pour the second gallon in then hit it with the hot. Save a little time maybe?
That looks absolutely delightful Jim!

Jim you out did yourself on this cook, this chicken is amazing. And I am going to try out your brine too. And if your sandwich looks that good I can only imagine what the rest taste like.
Love it.

One way to speed up the “cool down” time of the brine is to drop a (7#) small bag of ice in the warm stuff, that is equal to one gallon of fresh water, just a suggestion. So you could make up the “hot” and put the bag of ice in the bucket and pour the second gallon in then hit it with the hot. Save a little time maybe?
That looks absolutely delightful Jim!
Thanks Timothy, but I’m not really in too much of a hurry... others may be when they wanna eat...

Looks great, Jim! Question for you: do you like the individual parts better than whole chickens? I've been buying the whole chickens, but not sure if it's worth it.

Looks great, Jim! Question for you: do you like the individual parts better than whole chickens? I've been buying the whole chickens, but not sure if it's worth it.
well, when i smoke bird for pulled chicken, it's always parts. and on sale, you can get a boat load of thighs and sticks nearly dirtcheap.
and when i cook (or grill chicken) it's whole spatch-cocked or just thighs.
i think you'll get more meat for your money with parts.

by the way, that's some crazy lookin' avatar stuck above your name, Matt

well, when i smoke bird for pulled chicken, it's always parts. and on sale, you can get a boat load of thighs and sticks nearly dirtcheap.
and when i cook (or grill chicken) it's whole spatch-cocked or just thighs.
i think you'll get more meat for your money with parts.

by the way, that's some crazy lookin' avatar stuck above your name, Matt
Thanks! And uh oh, are we rivals now? ;)

Back